When will you sell

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

IloveMyMarshall
Just the numbers in order: 7

When will you sell

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Sat May 17, 2008 10:45 pm

I know I would buy these pre made PPIMV 250ks with the resistors and all, ever think of selling these sense you sell the input jacks pre wired thought maybe this might sell?? I would be in line for sure. These for me is a pain in the ass to make..
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??
http://www.soundclick.com/ilovemymarshall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun May 18, 2008 1:21 am

when i install a PPIMV i put the pot in the chassis - get my grid resistors in order on the out put tubes.

next i wire everything to the pot from the board. when everything is in place, the connections and the resistor i solder the pots connections.

now i do the same thing with both connections to the out put tubes, connections and resistor and solder the pots connections.

lastly i solder the connections to the output tubes from the pot.

this way I'm able to make perfect length wires for all the connections. and it looks nice. ;)

i suppose it would sell but thought u could use some food for thought on making it less of a pain in the ass. ;)

IloveMyMarshall

thxs

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Sun May 18, 2008 10:16 am

thxs mark, my major issue's with the ppimv fitting all the wires in the one wiper, two trimming the smaller wires ? When using the resistors can we use the .25 watters?? smaller, its fitting everything in the one wiper

thanks for the advice I will try that out
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??
http://www.soundclick.com/ilovemymarshall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ez_ryder

Post by ez_ryder » Fri May 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy » Sat May 24, 2008 4:04 pm

The MV Rockstah is describing works a little differently. It replaces the 220K grid resistors with the pot instead of adding one into the circuit.
Simon

IloveMyMarshall

went well

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks Mark!! I did that way and she came out perfect took my time of course, but she turned out great to the point I need a FX Loop in my JTm45/50 I installed the MM50 and installed both Pre and post and was in wow crunchness but once again I got to get some better speakers, these GT75s I'm sorry there has got to be better for amp to speaker, reamping hey they are fine but amp to cab Na horrible.

Will George ever sell EFX Loops?? I e mailed Steve sdm about his kit.
This amp I'm going to get me or this is my dream list no reamping with her she sounds wayyyyyyyyy to good Im proud of her ;) I want to
run the front end with Eq and maybe dist + and I want to installed EFX Loops for my delay verb, and of couse speakersssssssss 2/12 to start with but better speakers 25 watters I want 8 ohm

Thanks!!!
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??

wdelaney72

Post by wdelaney72 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 am

It's been mentioned before but I've burned twice, so I'll throw this reminder out there. I don't know if George matches the taper on the dual alpha pots, but I've ordered 10 of the dual 250K alpha pots from Mouser and only 3 of them are suitable to use as a PPIMV. You have to check the resistance on both pots and make sure the taper is similar otherwise it will hum when put to use.
Walter

"There's no great thing in being a soloist. I think the hardest thing is to play together with a lot of people, and do it right." - Angus Young, 1984

IloveMyMarshall

TY

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 pm

wdelaney72 wrote:It's been mentioned before but I've burned twice, so I'll throw this reminder out there. I don't know if George matches the taper on the dual alpha pots, but I've ordered 10 of the dual 250K alpha pots from Mouser and only 3 of them are suitable to use as a PPIMV. You have to check the resistance on both pots and make sure the taper is similar otherwise it will hum when put to use.
How much can it be off or do they both need to measure dead on???
Thanks
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??

wdelaney72

Re: TY

Post by wdelaney72 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:42 pm

IloveMyMarshall wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:It's been mentioned before but I've burned twice, so I'll throw this reminder out there. I don't know if George matches the taper on the dual alpha pots, but I've ordered 10 of the dual 250K alpha pots from Mouser and only 3 of them are suitable to use as a PPIMV. You have to check the resistance on both pots and make sure the taper is similar otherwise it will hum when put to use.
Thanks
I'm not sure what the cutoff would be (SDM????) Mine was about 10K-20K off and it had some hum. Also, they maxed out differently One half was 247K and the other was 254K.

Buying 10 of the Alphas is still cheaper than 1 of the PEC dual pots which with shipping are over $40 each!
Walter

"There's no great thing in being a soloist. I think the hardest thing is to play together with a lot of people, and do it right." - Angus Young, 1984

IloveMyMarshall

Re: TY

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:01 pm

wdelaney72 wrote:
IloveMyMarshall wrote:
Thanks
I'm not sure what the cutoff would be (SDM????) Mine was about 10K-20K off and it had some hum. Also, they maxed out differently One half was 247K and the other was 254K.

Buying 10 of the Alphas is still cheaper than 1 of the PEC dual pots which with shipping are over $40 each!

I took it out problm solved!!

When will metro sell the Fx loop kit? G???
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??