RIP Rockstah

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Bleedthefreak
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: RIP Rockstah

Post by Bleedthefreak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Sad news. I never got a chance to post on the forum to him, but I have read a many of his posts. Real good information.

R.I.P. Mark
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=915832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bunnest

Post by Bunnest » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I remember Mark from our GIT daze, I was 85 and he was 86...came in as a hot shot, went out as a hot shot...RIP Mark!!! :thumbsup:
68 Marshall JMP 100 Plexi
69 Marshall JMP 100 Plexi
71 Marshall JMP 100 Metalface
66 BF Fender Pro Reverb
67 BF Fender Super Reverb

Davidg

Post by Davidg » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I have been lurking here for awhile and just saw this.Although I didnt know Mark I read several of his posts and help to buddding amp builders like myself. I joined this forum to ask how to donate to his memorial fund as I couldnt get the link to work but figured it out. I had no idea who rockstah was until I was trying to donate and lo and behold he was the man that got me back into playing after a 10 year hiatus.You see I saw Starship at our local annual music festival 3 years ago and was blown away by Marks playing and espec ially his TONE... I decided to get back into playing now that I was clean and sober and married w/ children (had to drive the wife crazy somehow!) Started small but had a good tube amp in about a year that went down on me shortly after buying and had a bad experience with a bad tech and swore I would never go through that again and started learning about tube amps since I always wanted to anyway - fastforward to now I have several tube amps from 60s-2000s and have been inside each of them modding to perfection and starting on my first true build and it all started from Marks great playing and TONE that night.I urge all of you to give what you can/will to help Marks family--I know my gift was small compared to everything he gave to me without even knowing it or ever meeting face to face. RIP ROCKSTAH

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Memorial Service

Post by JimiJames » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 am

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 pm

I didn't know him so well but ... I can't believe it, that's really sad.

FL6

Post by FL6 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Any other recordings of this playing other than Starship and amp tones?

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 am

Back in his early days here when me and others were showing him how to build and mod, he recorded this thing called "G Blues Feel" It was the best thing I ever heard from him IMO. I think it was after his first build.

wrea398

Post by wrea398 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah I remember Mark working on his famous EVH mods a couple years ago. He and Ben Wise (Stuntdouble) were playing around with mods like that quite a bit. Ben and I had "Bray" mods at the time and we all three bounced ideas off each other about getting that kind of tone. Ben and I shared Bray info between ourselves since we both already had it. Mark wanted it bad but Ben and I held to our guns. Mark figured it our on his own though. Good guy. RIP my friend.