favorite brand of capacitors sizes and voltage.

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

darrell

favorite brand of capacitors sizes and voltage.

Post by darrell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Lets here it guy's/ Girls There is to many for a poll but what do you like and Why?? From the new to the old. Alot of people are alway's asking whats the best cap to use. So what brand do U like to use in you'r guitar amp or audio amp and What do you like about them.
ALL Cap sizes and brands are welcome
This should be interesting. 8)

cole
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by cole » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:39 pm

If you're talking cap as in an amp's tone caps, then I defy anyone to pick something better than NOS mustards for Marshall circuits.

There are equivalents, such as Sozo Vintage Series caps, however, my experience and preference is NOS mustards.

Actually, George is building me my next Metro right now, and he will use NOS mustards. The use of these will get the build as close to old school 60's Marshalls as is possible. With some NOS 12AX7 Mullards in the preamp and some Mullard EL34's in the power amp, is there any question that the amp will sound anything less than brillant?

For guitars try the RS Jensen paper-in-oil caps - they are excellent in helping achieve that FAT Les Paul tone! Mmm mmm! 8)

Cole
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

darrell

Post by darrell » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:19 pm

I dig the PIo's in guitars too man they do rock thats for shure.
I dont gues any one wants to share there favorite caps story's HUH
Ah come on guy's
I like the mustards too in the plexi amps I feel it has alot to do with there tone amoungst other things. Just my2 cents
D.