Pics of my new Bassmaster board

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Kevin
Just the numbers in order: 7

Pics of my new Bassmaster board

Post by Kevin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm

hey fellas,

just thought i'd share some pics of my first attempt at a diy ptp board. i used some of George's red swirl material, the original mustard caps, and various resistors and electrolytics. i drilled the holes with a hand drill and bashed the turrets in with a hammer and torx bit, so, it's little ghetto. here's the most recent pic.

there's also some before and after pics in the putfile album. the preamp side of the board is nice and roomy, but the bias/power section is a little cramped. eventually i'll get around to re-doing the layout. it'll do for now, though.

kevin

http://www.putfile.com/ogoki/images/89168

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:20 am

Hey man, that looks alright! I considered trying that myself but ended up buying from Ray D. Much easier for me. I am going to try it for a custom built amp of mine though.
Simon

Blast

Post by Blast » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 am

I like it! How's it sound? We need CLIPS! :)
Brian

stoo

Post by stoo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:42 am

Is that a Traynor YBA1 chassis?
Stew
When I play on weekends, I see 20 year olds who probably play rap in their
cars, but their girlfriends dance to Mustang Sally.
J. Yogore

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 pm

yeah, that's a yba-1. i'm pretty happy with the way it sounds. unfortunately, i'm not set up to record clips, right now. if i ever get around to it, i'll post them.

the amp has developped a squeal since the installation of the new board - it happens when the bright channel hits about 9, and is worse when i back off the mid pot, which seems weird.

thanks for the responses.

kevin

darrell

Post by darrell » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:40 am

Been there
Can you turn down the pres. pot and it quits? If so shorten the feed back wire that will help. If you have the amp upside down and you are real close to it while playing your guitar that will do it too as well as having the speaker cab facing the amp if it is with in 3 foot of it..
Hope this helps. There is one other little glitch even tho i dont see one, If you have any srague atoms check them and make sure there not bad. Some times you can just tap them and they will make a noise or like the one i had it just didnt show any voltage on one side.. it had 325 on one side and the meter showed 00000 on the other not even a MA..

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:51 pm

thanks, Darrell. the presence pot doesn't seem to make a difference, but it probably is an issue of lead dress. it squeals even when the guitar isn't plugged in. i guess i should have a closer look at the pics before the board swap, and see if i need to move any wires around. i'll check my electrolytics, too - they're some "GI" brand from a surplus place.