My recent health updates and more

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

My recent health updates and more

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Just want to give a public update on my recent health developments. It's good news so far and going in a healthier direction.

One of the biggest things lately has been attending a sleep clinic and confirming sleep apnea and hypopnea. With the level of stress I'm dealing with over the last several years with my divorce and business changes I have really noticed myself getting run down and not able to rejuvenate. Sleep quality has definitely played a role in this. It has taken me 9 years in business to afford health insurance that will cover the necessary testing and treatment. The issues are now confirmed and I have a CPAP machine to use. After 2 nights use I can feel a difference. I have also cut caffeine out of my routine, which was also affecting sleep. Better sleep can only help me be more affective and efficient, which I look very much forward to. This is a far better approach than my previous method of powering through fatigue with mind over matter.

I have a full physical with my new doctor on Wednesday. We will be testing all levels. Basically the 40 year old screening a year early (I turned 39 in May).

I have also had more legal/custody issues to deal with over the last few months. I won't go into specifics, but it's ugly. I have parted ways with my former attorney and have a new i.e. way more expensive, lawyer to address these issues.

Fortunately, I have orders for Metropoulos amps and lots of design work to do. We have more demand for our manufacturing services than we can take on, so the biz model seems to be working. With lots of room to grow.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

neikeel

Re: My recent health updates and more

Post by neikeel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Glad it is getting sorted - thought you might want to stay away from Doctors :wink:
Neil

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by axeman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 pm

After a few months on your cpap, you'll feel and look 100% better, lot's of energy.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Wow! I can only apologize that I had NO idea things had gotten so much worse for you George. Glad things are moving in a more positive direction though. Wishing you all the best.

And you certainly want to stay away from doctors like Neil. Most unpleasant work. :lol: (Although without his ilk I would be long gone myself)
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

toner

Post by toner » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I wish you the very best George! Take care and let us know how things are going. :thumbsup:

I'll be praying for you. :hide: :)

indeedido

Post by indeedido » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:00 pm

As a CPAP user at 40 I know how you feel. Can't go one night without it. Chin up!

Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Keep doing all the right stuff, George. It's working for ya.

:D

Miles
not kicking the dead horse

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks guys, I'm trying. Though not as obvious lately, I'm still working lots of hours. Commitments to deliver amps and designs keeps me under lots of pressure. I have to say I had no idea how much contracted design and manufacturing work was available until I segued from the kit business to the Ampeg B-15 project and now Friedman and Cameron production. I wish a few of you guys were more local, I could keep skilled assembly people busy full time.

I'm committed to improving my health overall, so we will stay on this path. I relish the idea of not feeling run down all the time. I'll post after my physical Wednesday....

George

BAinFL

Post by BAinFL » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 am

Glad to hear you're getting things treated George and glad business is good. I lost a friend in his mid 30's a few years back due to undiagnosed sleep apnea. By the time he got help, he had already had CHF and an enlarged heart. So I'm happy you're already seeing results from the CPAP. Keep on the mend. I'm sure a lot of people here are in your corner here, pulling for you to get back to 100%.
79 Tokai Les Paul Reborn
68 12000
Bray 4550
Scumback M75 PVC 20w 4x12
Scumback BM75 LD 65w 4x12
Celestion G12M-65 Cream 2x12
1960A RR w/ Altec 417-8H

SoloDallas

Post by SoloDallas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 am

I'm here George. 44 here, no serious health issues so far but I started to check myself more frequently.
We're at that "risk" age where things can start to happen.

Warm hugs from Italy (leaving for San Diego tomorrow, for a coupla months),

Fil :peace:

MacGaden
Wiki Editor

Post by MacGaden » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 am

VelvetGeorge wrote:Thanks guys, I'm trying. Though not as obvious lately, I'm still working lots of hours. Commitments to deliver amps and designs keeps me under lots of pressure. I have to say I had no idea how much contracted design and manufacturing work was available until I segued from the kit business to the Ampeg B-15 project and now Friedman and Cameron production. I wish a few of you guys were more local, I could keep skilled assembly people busy full time.

I'm committed to improving my health overall, so we will stay on this path. I relish the idea of not feeling run down all the time. I'll post after my physical Wednesday....

George
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Take care of yourself, George. I´m 10 years ahead of you, and it´s hard to get used to your body not just working, that you have to do something to take care of it... And yourself. But you seem to be on the right path, and as I can see on FB your beautiful kids are doing great, business is good, so... All the best, and remember to enjoy life as well.
MacG.

"Play it right, Dad ! No More Dwiddely Dwiddely !
My son Adam at 3 years old. Best advice I ever got..

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 am

George, how the hell can you have sleep apnea when you DON'T sleep?!?!?!?!?! My doc has been after me to do the sleep study, too. I wake myself up a number of times during the night forgetting to breathe...

The 40 yr old physical coming, eh? No sympathy from those of us on the "other side". :o What did Chevy Chase sing in that movie? Oh yeah "Moooooooon RIver"....

Your doing the right thing George, For you and the kids. Like a few senoirs said above, we're not indsestructable anymore and no one is going the other way.

Good luck!
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Appreciate the support. I think I'm finally looking back at the divorce and seeing how much it really affected me health wise. I definitely aged exponentially during the last several years.
I see the doc tomorrow, I'll post how that goes, if for nothing more than comic relief. LOL

Hey Chief, I sleep as much as possible these days! Those kids run me ragged.

george

charles anthony

Post by charles anthony » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Get yourself well . All else will fall into place,your health is paramount. Best wishes to you and yours.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote: Hey Chief, I sleep as much as possible these days! Those kids run me ragged.

george

Yeah, if we could bottle that energy...

Good luck with your "procedure" just tell the doc if he's scoping both ends to do it the right order.... :o
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"