12000 series plexi replica review online

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:02 pm

Too true

Country Boy Shane

Post by Country Boy Shane » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:29 pm

"If you’ve been wanting these early Van Halen tones, but with the added flexibility to nail anything from AC/DC, to Cream, to Hendrix – all at the flick of a switch - then THIS is your amp – period. "

Damn, George with this much publicity you are gonna need a bigger shop and a true right hand man. Maybe you should give TLC a call for your own show to find a fellow builder :lol:
Just Feel it MAN! -Shane Gorski "Country Boy Shane"

www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski

mushmouth

Post by mushmouth » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:29 am

Well, I'm over a week into the break-in for mine and I can affirm that this review was 100% on the money. It's the best rock amp I've ever heard in my life. The 4 other people I've played it for all said the exact same thing. There aren't words to describe what it's like to play through this amp after listening to the history of classic rock your whole life and hear yourself playing with THAT tone. You go through 4-bars at a time of every classic riff you can think of, rapidfire, just because you want to hear what THAT riff sounds like, and you freak out. The amp is built with God inside.

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:21 am

Country Boy Shane wrote:"If you’ve been wanting these early Van Halen tones, but with the added flexibility to nail anything from AC/DC, to Cream, to Hendrix – all at the flick of a switch - then THIS is your amp – period. "

Damn, George with this much publicity you are gonna need a bigger shop and a true right hand man. Maybe you should give TLC a call for your own show to find a fellow builder :lol:
I might even pay for cable TV just to watch "American Plexi." :D

OdgeUK
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by OdgeUK » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:27 am

Do you still have to dime Georges 12-series amp in order to get that EVH tone? Cos if I got one of these and had to dime it in my covers band, we'd be run out of every pub in the county!

At the moment I use a Marshall Jubilee which is only *just* about versatile enough to cover all the different classic rock tunes we do. I'd be really concerned that if I sold my Jube to help fund a 12-series, that I'd actually have a less versatile amp and little opportunity to really get it cooking at lower volumes. Perhaps I should wait till George builds a 50w?
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65
Gibson LP Custom, Squier CV 50's Strat w/SD '59

wdelaney72

Post by wdelaney72 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:32 pm

OdgeUK wrote:Do you still have to dime Georges 12-series amp in order to get that EVH tone? Cos if I got one of these and had to dime it in my covers band, we'd be run out of every pub in the county!

At the moment I use a Marshall Jubilee which is only *just* about versatile enough to cover all the different classic rock tunes we do. I'd be really concerned that if I sold my Jube to help fund a 12-series, that I'd actually have a less versatile amp and little opportunity to really get it cooking at lower volumes. Perhaps I should wait till George builds a 50w?
You will certainly wind up with a less-versatile amp, but you'll have the tone of all tones. Having said that, I would advise against selling the Jubilee. Or, if you do, sell it to me. :D

My advice, get a 12xxx and a Hot Plate, and you'll have the best of both worlds.

bluze81

Post by bluze81 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 am

NY Chief wrote:Congrats, George!

The JTM45 borad review is what led me to Metroamp.

Now, how the hell I'm I gonna decide between the 45/100, '67 and 12000?
Damn you! :?
Hey Chief I had a Metro 45 clone done and just finished building a Metro 12000 series, love them both to death best amps I ve ever had in my 40 + years of playing electric guitars,you couldnt pry them away from me. bluze

CALI

Re: 12000 series plexi replica review online

Post by CALI » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:00 pm

I must have read this article 20 times while I was waiting for my 12000. The Guy is SPOT ON. This amp is ridiculous! I only wish I would have been made aware of this amp a long time ago...it would have saved me a ton of time and money trying and buying other stuff that never delivered. This amp is a search ender. Simple as that.

10/10

-Chris