My first post and Boy do I have questions.......

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

harkkam08
Just the numbers in order: 7

My first post and Boy do I have questions.......

Post by harkkam08 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

Hi guys, I've got a tube amp but after listening to some Marshall Amps nothing comes close to having a nice head and cabinet at home to practice with, you cant really get that tone from anywhere. Its just there are so many models I am a bit confused. Personally I'm a blues player, I love Hendrix but not necessarily trying to copy his tone, I want something of my own something very versatile.

I'm looking for something that has sustain and replicates the kind of highs and lows Jimi used to have on stage.

So far I've seen many different models and Im a bit confused as to what it all means.

So far I've Heard off

1. 100 Watt Plexi (Whats the official model name for this?)
2. JTM 45/100
3. JMP 50 Watt
4. JMP 100 Watt
4. JMP MKII 50 Watt Reissue

What should I be looking into.. Thank you

bluesbreaking

Re: My first post and Boy do I have questions.......

Post by bluesbreaking » Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 am

harkkam08 wrote: So far I've seen many different models and Im a bit confused as to what it all means.

So far I've Heard off

1. 100 Watt Plexi (Whats the official model name for this?)
2. JTM 45/100
3. JMP 50 Watt
4. JMP 100 Watt
4. JMP MKII 50 Watt Reissue

What should I be looking into.. Thank you
The 100 Watt Plexi is the 1959 SLP. Each of these can accurately be broken down in several ways. Virtually every JMP came in either a bass or lead version, the prior tends to be rounder, and the latter tends to be sharper and more aggressive. The period that the amp was made or was replicated to make also determines the particular details of the circuit. In general, Marshalls tend to get more aggressive as time goes on. There are lots of threads on this site that outline the evolution of various Marshall circuits.

gutpile
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by gutpile » Sun May 10, 2009 2:01 pm

sounds like you are looking for a JTM45/100... :D
Metro Clips
Amps:Metro-(JTM45,50w,'69 spec 100w,45/100,100wMV,Bluesbreaker Combo),Orig. 65BFTR
Axes:LP Custom,Am. Strat,Am. Tele,61 SGRI

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Sun May 10, 2009 3:04 pm

gutpile wrote:sounds like you are looking for a JTM45/100... :D
Standard answer? LOLOL
:lol:

I keeeeeed! That's definitely on MY wishlist.
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee