Tube Voltage Chart

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

sixpakldp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Tube Voltage Chart

Post by sixpakldp » Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Got my amp wired and made it up to the step with the tube voltage chart, thus far everything checks out ok. Other than the 3.2 V readings on pins 2 and 7 I am getting readings of zero on the pins. All the readings as per the directions up to this point have been good. To read these voltages should the standby switch be flipped on? I don't see anything about flipping the switch on.

My multimeter is set to 200 V AC (lowest setting other than 20 V on my meter) when checking these.

I did flip the stand by switch to the on position quicky and checked a pin to see if there was a difference, nothing changed however so I quickly flipped it off.

The only other reading that seemed a little off was when reading the bias I noticed my range was approx. -42 to approx -33, however I figured that was probably normal.

I thought for sure I'd be fairly home free if I got to this step, however it's late so it's possible I'm missing something

Flames1950

Re: Tube Voltage Chart

Post by Flames1950 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Yes, the standby needs to be flipped to the play position to take readings on the other pins. You'll also have to switch from AC to DC, at least the 600V range, to measure the other pins.