some great 12ax7as for sale.

New products and gear for sale from businesses that support the forum.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

tubetramp

some great 12ax7as for sale.

Post by tubetramp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 pm

just got back from los alamos new mexico. a military oem down there is taking down .,.at long last one of there big logic computers. these things run on 12ax7as i found a flat of unused i mean unused 1959 ge longplate ladders . this is one of my all time favorites but my complaint has always been that by the time i get to em they are shot to hell and gone. you just never see these in this kind of shape. i spent the last two days testing these in my live circuits designed for this purpose. all i can say it this is a very rare find to get these in new old stock . they have as much character as the best sylvanias and euros like amperex and mullards. i believe these to be every bit as good as the most expensive 55 and 60 dollar tubes ,they are very distinctive and have mucho bass repsonse. i am asking 30 per tube for metro guys. shipping is on me. there are quite a few available . also in limited quanitys the very best raytheon and ge shortplates sylvanias and rcas . and last but not least rca 6l6gc blackplates i have several pairs. . i usually dont toot my horn about pres too much as they are so difficult to find in this condition. these will far exceed any of the most discriminate expectations. now i gotta go lay down cause these 11 letter words wear me out hell we might even get that old skin flint jim seavall to pull off the yamika!

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: some great 12ax7as for sale.

Post by Scumback Speakers » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:12 pm

You republican loving economy scum-sucking tube tramping prick! I'm calling you now you rat farking bastid! On guard with your pointy hat, mister!

Paypal incoming...you rat farking bastid! Sheesh!
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:13 am

Damn Trampy! Good to see you surface, and bring goodies! Better count me in for half a dozen.....

I'll wear any kind of hat necessary......

Not sure I could top Rheinhold Bogner though. The man has a ridiculous hat for every occasion. I've yet to see him fail.

G
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

908ssp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by 908ssp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 am

PM sent

Your email address isn't posted. :wink:

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am

VelvetGeorge wrote:Damn Trampy! I'll wear any kind of hat necessary......

Not sure I could top Rheinhold Bogner though. The man has a ridiculous hat for every occasion. I've yet to see him fail.

G
No shit. Nobody can top Bogner for hat selection. :lol:

Terry's email: terry_kilgore2003@yahoo.com
310-833-6632

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:17 pm

PM sent.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

tubetramp

Post by tubetramp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:28 am

wierd story on these,its rare if i see any military commisioned thermionic valves left undiscovered.we thought the last of them in the western states were the downsized airbases like vandenburg and norton etc today that was almost a decade ago. its been scrap piece meal ever since. and damn hard work to find 20 or 30 half ass anos .today i assisted another guy and unloaded 4 tractor trailers containing two early strategic air command logic computers that were housed in 67000 square foot buildings that were shut down in late 1967, operation started in late 59 . its weird to see over 22500 12ax7s and all their spare flats in such condition. some goverment agency finally decided to decom these installs sat locked and dorment for 42 years! .is that friggin typical of gov ops .>> lol .. each building is approx 67 k foot. each 4 miles apart on military reservation, 8 buildings altogether over 32 miles of military rez. nutjob ...man i love this shit! if you recollect if you are as ancient as i am. the military during the 50s and 60s built stuff that was antiquated and thrown from assembly to scrap in the same day.they spent millions and millions on assinine oddball aircraft and tracking systems . in 7 years of business i have never see such a hoard. and im happy to say i am undercutting people so badly the ripples will be felt in every fucking greedy carpet baggers parlor that sell tubes on this continent.im grinnin like a possum with a sweet potatoe in his mouth. these lots are exclusive to metro as i feel this forum has always been a joy to serve with alot of great folks.i believe it is the best on the net. and george is capital chap .and without the kind trust of the patrons id still be gettin insulted at howdy doody palace.and tar and feathered at the gear page . my tests on the first 100 are so good im stoked at the noisefree opertaion and and xlnt tone .i tested them on a single ended kt 66 amp i built with dual triode switches ,im very proud of these guys. as i mentioned ive always like the red lable ges but never thought i would see this amount of them pop up. im a guitarist and usually broke myself. and im so happy to offer these incredible tubes.to real guitar guys for about 1/3rd to 1/2 of all the other vendors in this country,and they can all kiss my furry butt i have not raised my rates in 7 years and have no intention of doing so. jacking up prices and becoming greedy for multiple turnover is what has infected this economy and every ones solution in almost all retail endeavors is ... raise prices. . 12ax7s have become a total overpriced bitch to find. look at the prices on ebay for grunt tubes of this nature far closer to the end of there operation cycle.and all the hayseeds that dont even know what their purpose of function is ,you know fledging jump on the band wagon idiots that test them on some jive ass tv7 that puts weeny voltages on them that are so off real time operation. and get numbers like 43 and 45 on a triode. that doesnt mean shit to anyone . unless metro starts selling hickok replicas and we start playing them on stages.i think in all ways we have hit the last motherload. i mean imagine some govt big wig finally ,,,damn near a half of a century later finally decide to scrap em quick and dirty .my most relaible and reasonable distributer.has been in business 40 years . im so happy for him cause it will keep him alive for a few more years. at 72 hes tired and has offered me options. if these other famous hacks got ahold of them you couldnt touch them for 60 per tube. i have to sleep at night and guitarist are my brethren. i aint never gonna get rich on tubes. but you monkeys will remember that i brought in some of the best far below the scammerhorns . i know that every metro guy deserves good drivers. and i do believe i got the pork belly market cornered on this one. pure dum luck! my senior distributor overheard a rumor on the phone ,that started in florida called me! flew his crew down there, we hocked our gonads, children, and maxed every credit card we had to get these back. im told these things like all govt projects were outdated shortly after their installation.they spent millions and millions on cockamamie aircraft when our country was at its zenith. . the govt had the best buyers in the world.they were not interested in if they sounded good they were interested in stringent consistency. and they always took and picked the absolute cream of the produciton batches for most of the big makers.anytime i have the opportunity to get em new or used that were anything short of ball cracking stellar. sorry for the district attorny speech ive never seen better and i dont have to run all over hell n gone to bring em to you. dumbfounded past my neuro transmitters last blog . im told these buildings in operation were like crude versions of the commodore 64 also displays a very excessive and apathetic govt with too much crap strewn out across the southern plains and westies and just forgotten and ignored . then finally addressed to get some meager return on. sorry i just wanted to share this odd ball tale that unfolded right in front of us. within a few weeks. god bless you guys. keep playing and believing we dont want to end up like adam lambert. tt

tubetramp

Post by tubetramp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:24 am

guys i have recieved all your inquirys no one will be forgotten and the cream of the crop is going out to you. im beat tired of haulin barrels of axs late 50s ones at that regared as the noontide of all american and euro production. i will start gettin them out when the shock lessens of what has transpired. will start sat . im going out for a snort and a game of hide the salam with a more or less reluctant concubine . too bad i cant barter tubes for this t

shakti

Post by shakti » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:05 am

tubetramp wrote: im going out for a snort and a game of hide the salam with a more or less reluctant concubine
Classic trampspeak! :lol:
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:20 am

shakti wrote:
tubetramp wrote: im going out for a snort and a game of hide the salam with a more or less reluctant concubine
Classic trampspeak! :lol:
Holy crap, that is classic trampino! The last thing I want to do is get in a room with Lance Keltner, Bogner and Trampy all at the same time.

My cheeks would hurt for a week from laughing so hard. :lol:
310-833-6632

Fuzznut

Post by Fuzznut » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:28 am

Thrilling story and appreciate the shared insight. 8)

Regards,
Rami

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Wondered why I'd been having trouble getting hold of you!
Glad to hear you've had a great score Terry. I might even up my order. I was trying not to be greedy.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

tubetramp

Post by tubetramp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:55 pm

jim if i was in a room with those two wierd margrest id beat the shit out of em and make em sit in the corner and make booger sculptures so as to teach em that they cant top anything that a little tv repariman in fullerton did half a century ago. bogner ..l...... keep it in your pants lance? who da fuck names there kid lance.is he related to adam lambert? .... i do luv all the whistles and bells attached to those wonderful totally overpriced ampflers that can even come close the lamest vintage amp i use to hold up smoking section. when some poor pilgrim contacts me to retube a bogner uberschall ,i always give him my condolences tell him he should of purchased a metro amp and then hand him a carton of govt issue auxilry butt plugs ... called jjs. not even the finest nos tubes can polish a high tech turd made by some crazy teutonic crack head ... who wears speedos n cloggs when he demos his amps. .... you know hes from la when that happens lol

tubetramp

Post by tubetramp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:14 pm

def you can get as excessive as you want dear fellow . as long as your not a buyer from ...i wont mention whole in the wall tube dealer who never sells for less then 500 percent profit but he really cares about his customers. ...you notice when these big BIG tooob dealers have websites... all the good tubes have been.......temporarly out of stock.... for 4 years. ... temp? hmmmm . why da fuck do people list stuff on websites that they havent had for 2000 days . i will never know. hardly any of them own amps or evaluate tubes ... but they tell you the tubes are awsome..... what in the sam hill does that mean? you guys can order as many as you please im happy to say ..most likley use them several thousand hours. and put em on ebay in a few years and more then likley double your money. ive had three emails from undisclosed vendors pleading with me to raise prices and or sell them flats of 100 so as to promote good will. .... THIS IS SPARTA! SO I THREW THE BASTARDS DOWN IN A PIT ... lol im going to put some arrogant blow hards out of this business this year out of cussed mean nature of mine. no one is going to pay half a c note for a friggin tube cause some lazy sob cant find his ass with both hands. also a freind of 35 years offered me 8 thousand dollars to buy some flats and said i was a fool and could command 400 percent profit on these i told him to go f himself and that is exaclty why he has a front row seat at the bijou in hell right next to adolf and jeff dahmer... this is going to be very entertaining this year so keep your eyes skinned t

shakti

Post by shakti » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:35 am

tubetramp wrote: hand him a carton of govt issue auxilry butt plugs ... called jjs.
LOL...this just gets better!
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103