Eddie Hazel (Hendrixy)

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone Slinger

Eddie Hazel (Hendrixy)

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:27 am

http://youtu.be/6mwWYeOF6Ww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I put this here because I wanted people to enjoy it. I know that Hendrix fans probably will. I love the feel and tone of it. There is a great solo at the end.

What do y'all think ?
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Eddie Hazel (Hendrixy)

Post by somethin'else » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:41 am

Hell Yeah, I like that. Always love the Funkadelic. Anything goes soul funk brothers : bonded. Back when PCP was the drug of choice! :lol:

I saw them AND Parliament, same bill, with Master G. Clinton at the helm back in the 80's, and it was a freakers ball. I remember one cat was walkin' around the stage in an oversize diaper and that's all, parading around with a sign on a post that read "TOILET PAPER : ARE YOU A FOLDER OR A RAPPER?" or some such social commentary. I still wonder about that. :lol: Good Times.

And that solo is "Lettin' Go" nice and NASTEH... Like a sick ride through outer space. So that's Eddie Hazel? Never knew his name, Thanks! Nice contemporary take on an old traditional folk song. 8)

Interesting Memorial bit on him here, good read. Wow, he really brung it.
funkadelic.jpg
funkadelic.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
dave

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 am

It's kind of funny, but it was Eddie Hazel (not Halen) who influenced me into getting a Phase 90. I also wanted a echoplex, but passed on it due to the price. On that particular track 'Comin Round The Mountain', Buddy Miles was on drums and Cordell 'boogie' Mosson was on bass. The whole of the particular 'jam session' that that track came from is called 'Jams From The Heart'. It was from a 1975 recorded jam session.

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by somethin'else » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:51 am

Man, that's deep cuts, nice takin' it back, and definitely in the Hendrix blood. I got to get me some Eddie Hazel current. :D

Just found a long cut from Jams From the Heart. Thanks for the turn on!
dave

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:32 am

Glad you are liking it Dave !

The thing about Hazel is, is that he didnt tour with P-funk after like '72 or '73. He would show up during album recording sessions and submit 'choice' tunes. He wrote for the Temptations ('Shakey Ground' for instance), as well as putting out a GREAT solo album in '77. There is some live footage of Eddie on a '79 P-Funk tour that has him 'in Form'. Much of the '80's stuff has Ed sadly taking a backseat to Michael Hampton. LOTS of people have mixed these two up as far as who played what on particular albums. Some even post pics of Hampton thinking that its Hazel. About a third of youtube posts that I've seen have things mixed up a bit.

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoULS9zB ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Howzabout this one guys and gals!!
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;