Ben Lapps

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

jof006
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Ben Lapps

Post by jof006 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Can someone give this kid a Wolfgang and a Plexi?
I'd like to hear what he does with that. He needs to be electified (in the good way).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbv2vOX71hM

Tone Slinger

Re: Ben Lapps

Post by Tone Slinger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:45 am

He needs a bass
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Lefty Lou » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 am

I don't think Ben lacks anything, he's a very dynamic musician. Loopers, rhythm, and drum machines could be substituted for a bass player for the rhythmic (portions/sections) of the song unless Ben wished to play the Bass himself (which no doubt he could).

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 am

I was being sarcastic :D . He was basically playing 'slap/pop' Funk Bass style imo. Could you imagine IF a bass player was trying to play with that ? I'm not trying to serve up any sour grapes here, cause I respect the time & effort that was obviously put into what that guy was playin' but it didnt do anything for me.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Lefty Lou » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Tone Slinger wrote:I was being sarcastic :D . He was basically playing 'slap/pop' Funk Bass style imo. Could you imagine IF a bass player was trying to play with that ? I'm not trying to serve up any sour grapes here, cause I respect the time & effort that was obviously put into what that guy was playin' but it didnt do anything for me.
Definitely reminds one of the movie, "August Rush". With all the rhythmic accompanyment he does, there's not much else going on is there? although, I can still appreciate the chops.