B.B. King

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

mwm523

B.B. King

Post by mwm523 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:26 pm

Here's a couple of very cool vids of B.B. in the late '60s / early '70s. Quite possibly the greatest blues singer that ever lived, and very tasty guitar playing. You can definitely hear where Peter Green got a lot of his inspiration, lot's of B.B. in his tone, playing, and singing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-hP_musAJ80

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HENzlLdmM74

I hadn't listened to B.B. in a while, and just listened to "Live at the Regal" today. I forgot what an AMAZING performance that was. Give it a listen if you have a chance.

wdelaney72

Post by wdelaney72 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:28 am

One of a very short list of guys who plays ONE note and can be identified right away.

I love the King.
Walter

"There's no great thing in being a soloist. I think the hardest thing is to play together with a lot of people, and do it right." - Angus Young, 1984

out of focus
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by out of focus » Sat May 03, 2008 1:53 pm

I got to see B.B. last month here in Austin.. 82 years old and still can make that guitar sing and cry.. I will never forget that night.. Truly a legend..

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Sun May 04, 2008 12:27 am

i would have loved to see him live !
i like his music and have several LP's including some live but i think i have a little more attraction towards albert king's funky blues over BB king's blues, that is slightly closer to soul music.

the live at ST Quentin's jail is great and the complicity between him and the guys there is easy to feel, you can imagine how happy they are !

i often prefer the late 60's and 70's recordings for the tone those great bluesmen had at that time (rocks more than the 50's and sounds better than the 80's recordings due to the better amps most of them used back then !)