Michael Schenker

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

harddriver

Michael Schenker

Post by harddriver » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 am

Next to EVH Michael has to be my favorite player. He had my ear very early on inspiring my vibrato. I remember hearing "Strangers in the Night" for the first time His tasteful breakdowns and song structures really intigued me and kept the songs interesting.

His tone is my definite next favorite when it comes to Marshalls. :wink:

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Its hard for me to compare Schenkers and EVH's tone, cause they were fairly similar in many respects. Greenbacks and output tube distortion, sorta upper midrange going on. Schenker soloed a bit more musically than Ed, meaning Schenker was more melodic and structured. Ed soloed sorta more off of vibe, sorta like dribbling a basket ball between your legs, RHYTHMICALLY. I am taken on more journey's listening to Schenkers solo's than Ed's. Ed doesnt go to as many places with his solo's. But the place's he does go to are vacation spots for sure ! :D .

45auto

Post by 45auto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 am

man, i saw those tours too. simply amazing. may never happen again. schenker just always had that real violin sounding approach. very dynamic & melodic. will always be one of my favorites.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbake1
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by bbake1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 pm

My all time fav. SITN was it for me.

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Yeah, that long extended solo that he played in "Rock Bottom" was so good ! It had such great vibe and mood, as well as structure. Playing like that was testament to the fact that SOME rock guy's could really play. I mean, even the Jazz snobs had to appreciate some of those runs/licks in that solo, cause the tone and overall TASTINESS of that solo was tremendous.