ZZTOP - Analogman Beano Boost

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Krinkle

ZZTOP - Analogman Beano Boost

Post by Krinkle » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Just got an Analogman Beano Boost. I made a little clip with my Wife's digital camera so the quality is not great. I wanted to get an idea of what tweaks I would have to make to get closer to ZZTop.

My setup is;

1994 Les Paul Standard
Bridge position (toggle switch is upside down, my setup guy returned it that way)
Analogman Beano Boost (middle position, regular Rangemaster mode, volume at 50%)
Metroamp 12000 series, modded as close to Rockstah Mod 5 (2203) as possible from reading the Mod 5 thread.
Bass 5, Master 9, Volume 5, all other controls 10 (out of 10)
Marshall 4x12 with Celestion MIE G12M-25 greenbacks

I played it back on my computer and I can hear the changes I need to make but any comments good or bad are welcome. I think that I need to learn the tunes properly to really nail the tone, but I'm convinced that BG used Pearly Gates, a Rangemaster, and a Marshall for the bulk of his stuff. You can't hear it from the clip but the BB cleans up REALLY nice and there is a lot of bottom end missing because of the cheap digital camera I recorded with.

http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy21 ... V06165.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;