18 watt clips...

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

eddie25

18 watt clips...

Post by eddie25 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 pm

I finally got some clips a friend did of a new 18 watt build (some Johnny Winter riffs). The mp3 doesn't do it justice and has some weird phasey distortion issue if you listen real close, but you can still hear the character of the amp. I'd love some feedback and I figure you guys have probably heard your fair share of amp clips. I'm gonna try to sell this one and figure some good clips wouldn't hurt.

Thanks.

http://www.soundclick.com/eddie25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: 18 watt clips...

Post by JimiJames » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:51 am

Stick to your ribs BEEFY !
C'mon down to ChiTown and Blues it up !
Yeah, that weird phasey distortion issue but, you're right, you can still hear the character of the meat & patata's.
It's barely there in the single note runs. It's probaly more dominant in chord voicings like at the veeeerrrrry end.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm

nice blues tone.
it would have been interesting to know precisely what was used (guitar , pu's speakers, mics... and why not OT and caps )

eddie25

Post by eddie25 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:25 pm

It was my Epiphone Les Paul Standard stock bridge pickup.

The amp is basically a scratch build based off the Trinity sIII layout, with a lar/mar master on the back instead of the standard pre-PI master on that amp. The guitar was plugged into the top of the lead (TMB) channel which has sozo coupling and tone caps. The filter caps are all F+T, and the trannys are both Heyboer from Mojo. The knobs are all 5 except the volume about 7 or 8 and the master about 7.

I really love this amp, it's super crunchy and thick. Even with the tube recto it has a really tight bottom. The guitar player in this clip is in fact a working blues musician in Chicago. This amp was on Chicago craigslist for a bit, but no one was interested. I need some cash for my next build, but I may have to keep it around instead.