Monster Cable w/Plexi's

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Country Boy Shane

Monster Cable w/Plexi's

Post by Country Boy Shane » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:56 pm

I've been messing around with my Monster Cable Pro-500 cable i had laying around my practice space and i think i noticed something pretty interesting. When i use any ole chapie cord that you would buy at any Guitar Center, there seems to be more grit and drive at lower volumes. However, when i use the Monster Cable it gets significantly cleaner! Hmm. I heard SRV say something about Monster Cable saying that they let too much current run through. This could be true. I'm also suspecting some other kind of electronic theory here but can't put my finger on it. You always see SRV with cheapie cable and a lot of other dudes using plexi's and i'm wondering if they know something i don't. :roll:
Just Feel it MAN! -Shane Gorski "Country Boy Shane"

www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski

Country Boy Shane

Post by Country Boy Shane » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:40 pm

I stopped using Monster Cable live now. The cheapie cable seems to have a much better sound that is more vintage like. I'll save the Monster Cables for the studio.

guitarscientist

Post by guitarscientist » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:23 am

I found the monster cables to have less capacitance...lets the highs through better. I personally dont like them for my plexi clone...I use a cheap fender cable and it sounds warmer to me. :wink:

Country Boy Shane

Post by Country Boy Shane » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:55 am

This is what i've found too. It seems so much smoother. I would still use Monster Cable for Studio use too. Maybe applications that require to go directly into the board... but never in my plexi anymore.