Alembic F-2B power transformer

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

UnluckyFett
Just the numbers in order: 7

Alembic F-2B power transformer

Post by UnluckyFett » Sat May 12, 2012 10:58 am

Hi all, Im Building an Alembic F-2B preamp and im having trouble finding a transformer for what i need. Im following an original schem from an Alembic data sheet and i want to use a single transformer for HV and Fil. Most of the information i find is about using isolation with a voltage doubler or 2 toroidals with a fil transformer or running off a 12v wallwart etc. So my question is where can i get a transformer with 250v and 6.3v secondaries that will fit in a single rack space chassis?

I think this will work but i would like a second opinion

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/produc ... U=E1077521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Frankie

rhinson

Re: Alembic F-2B power transformer

Post by rhinson » Sun May 13, 2012 7:34 pm

i think the power trannie for the matchless hotbox will fit and will give the proper voltages for a couple of 12ax7's. call up tds transfomers and ask for bill wood,jr. i've bought these and many other trannies from him---even at a single pc. should be less than $50 that the other trannie is. i've actually gutted a valve jr chassis/headbox and put in this pre for a bass player a few yrs back and he really liked it. rh