MM Tone Clone Part # Plexi 67-68

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

wrea398
Just the numbers in order: 7

MM Tone Clone Part # Plexi 67-68

Post by wrea398 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Since George doesnt list the part numbers anymore in the store, I was wonder if I could ask for the correct Mercury Magnetics TONE CLONE part # for the '67-68 100W laydown POWER tranny for a stock type build. The MM website has many options. I am not doing the 12XXX voltage switching, just a stock setup. I have the O100JM output tranny and the MAR100C choke already. Just want to match up a PT. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ClassicTone
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: MM Tone Clone Part # Plexi 67-68

Post by ClassicTone » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am

Can I suggest our ClassicTone part no. 40-18046 for this application instead of Mercury's transformer. Unlike Mercury's nylon bobbin wound trannies, it is paper layer wound like the original T2562 PT from that era. Unlike the original, it also features the upgrade of having the coolest running M-6 steel for added performance. It is also very reasonably priced and will likely be much cheaper than other equivalent versions on the market since we produced these in quantity and our distributor, Triode Electronics currently stocks them for immediate delivery. Please see the following for details:

http://www.classictone.net/40-18046.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From ClassicTone By Magnetic Components, Inc.