Magnetics Corp

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

robert
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Magnetics Corp

Post by robert » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 am

If you will double the current, then two separate HT- windings (wired in "parallel") are necessary.
If you will double the voltage, then wire this two HT- windings in "serial".
The "parallel" option can not be realized with a CT- HT winding :stars:

The use of a CT- HT (for a two way silicon diode rectification) is simply ancient and has no advantage in comparsion to a "modern" bridge rectification.

BTW: I have absolutely no clue why so many US amp builders still use a CT- Powersupply nowadays :what:

The CT for the heater winding is also obsolete, IMO.
A "virtual" CT via 2x 100R or (even better) a good quality 100R Pot is safer. Plus: less manufacturing costs :thumbsup:

Regards

Robert
Last edited by robert on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 am

Suggestion. Since this is no longer about said Transformer Manufacturer, perhaps a new dedicated topic be started? :what:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

robert

Post by robert » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 am

A good idea, we could call this new topic:

"The universal Magnetics Corp. Power Transformer"

Because it looks to me that "Magnetics Corporation" is willing (and also able, of course) to build such a transformer for an affordable/ fair price :thumbsup:

Regards

Robert

nico21

Post by nico21 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 am

so yes

instead of one winding for exemple 350 - 0 - 350, a better option are two separate windings : 350 - 0 and 0 - 350

joey

Post by joey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:10 pm

A separate thread has been started please move the discussion there if you want.

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

ClassicTone wrote:We at ClassicTone recently introduced the following new ClassicTone transformers to our ClassicTone line of vintage contructed amplier transformers as follows:

Marshall JTM 45 / Plexi 50W Upgrade Style Power Transformer http://classictone.net/40-18054.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marshall 100W JCM900 & JCM2000 Style Output Transformer http://classictone.net/40-18055.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marshall 18W Upright Mounted Power Transformer featuring multi-national voltages http://classictone.net/40-18056.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you enjoy them!

ClassicTone By Magnetic Components, Inc.
Digging the new 45/50 watt upgrade Trans. Fired up a bridge rectified 50 watt, and am pleased with the voltage options.
Well done! :toast:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

ClassicTone

Post by ClassicTone » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Classictone By Magnetic Components, Inc.