UGHHH programming drums

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:56 am

Great advice ! There even be more time for beer drinkin' now that the holidays are near ! :wink:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Bluesgeetar
Just the numbers in order: 7

hmm

Post by Bluesgeetar » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:01 pm

How do you use this? As a trigger device or what? I am a hunt and peck type drum programmer who has no real drumming skills.
Yep you can use it as a midi trigger to activate sampled drums in your audio program. The stereo sampled drums that are in it are outstanding! Sound amazing. And they are real drums! Touch sensitive pads and some effects. It has two activaters that sit on the ground for your feet, one is a kick and the other a high hat depending on which kit your in. I've tried alot of drum software and machines and this one is the best I have found so far, if small and versatile is your thing. And best of all I can keep my vibe feeling and change tempos on the fly and well it is like a real drum set only small. I bought it as Christmas gift set from Costco last year. It came with a nice drum stool to sit on and headphones and power supply and sticks. Love it! I seriously thought about getting some deluxe spectrasonics drum sample libraries but I really am very happy with the sounds already in it. I do have some spectrasonics drum libraries but I don't use them anymore. The Yammy samples in this machine are A ok by me. :D