Studio Build

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:53 am

St August wrote:Ok the control room is almost complete. Just have to build and install 1 more bass trap and install the new top on the desk.. All other bass traps and broadband defusers are in place. Added new light fixure with dimmer switch.. Just have to complete the afore mentioned and get the couch in here and it will be complete for now..... Later this month I wil install a new hardwood floor and a Cloud over the mixing desk.... I will post pics tomorrrow night when all is 100% :D
Keep an eye(ear) on that dimmer. It may add noise to your system.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:01 pm

Yup, He probably considered that... incandescent lighting is being used I presume.
Just make sure you get a dimmer rated for enough wattage for the draw.
10 - 60 watt bulbs 600 watt rating.
More than likely will be runing two lines using a pair if dims instead of borderlining the max rating with one...
Don't forget about painting the pole in the middle of the room for the strippers to hold on too...
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm

JimiJames wrote:Don't forget about painting the pole in the middle of the room for the strippers to hold on too...
Shouldn't it be chrome plated? Or gold? Maximum "party hats" against the nice cold metal..... :twisted:

Anyway, back to our original question:
Flames1950 wrote: Blahbety-blahbety-blah.......the PICS man, where's the PICS?????

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:19 pm

On a serious note:
People that have that annoying pole in the middle of the room can actually move it under code unless it supports a seam.
City Hall has the blue prints and you can find out what the max seperation is, that you can have between the two poles.
On the other hand, if you cant move it, you can beautimize it by addin a low watt 24v lighting to it;
running the wires in thru the pole and out near the top. Affixing the pole with a beverage shelf C'd () together. Standing height of course.
Better start workin' on that Jer I'm gonna need a place to rest my pile up of beer bottles...

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:29 pm

Went to a party once on the North Shore of Long Island in the rather "upper" cla$$ section. The support columns in the basement game room were wrapped with real $100 bills from top to bottom. No, I couldn't peel them off. They were "cleared" over. Talk about having too much f'n money,
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

St August

Post by St August » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Ok I once will have to say again my Camera SUCKS but here are the pics.. for those who want to come over pm me for location and phone #

The pics do it no justis hopeffully some will come over with a Better camera than mine :?

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Lookin' GOOD my man!!!! :D :D :D

St August

Post by St August » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Those pics are such crap.. It really looks cool. Im going to have a friend of mine come over she has a great camera (wide angle lens 8mp) those pics I posted just dont portray what I see with my own eyes :shock:

heres a couple more

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:41 am

St August wrote:Those pics are such crap.. It really looks cool. Im going to have a friend of mine come over she has a great camera (wide angle lens 8mp) those pics I posted just dont portray what I see with my own eyes :shock:

heres a couple more
Yeah ...those pictures look like shit... :roll: ... :P

Seriously how sound proof would you say......if the boys were to come over after the bars have closed...? Would perhaps your neighbor still be sound asleep?.
....O.K....O.K. ... another scenario........ if the boys were to come over with a couple of Honey's.....could we.....eh..........."shoot a film" down there......?

npminard

Post by npminard » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:01 am

Looks great so far 8) Very professional.

St August

Post by St August » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:16 am

JimiJames wrote:
St August wrote:Those pics are such crap.. It really looks cool. Im going to have a friend of mine come over she has a great camera (wide angle lens 8mp) those pics I posted just dont portray what I see with my own eyes :shock:

heres a couple more

Seriously how sound proof would you say......if the boys were to come over after the bars have closed...? Would perhaps your neighbor still be sound asleep?.
....O.K....O.K. ... another scenario........ if the boys were to come over with a couple of Honey's.....could we.....eh..........."shoot a film" down there......?
Ok heres the skinny :wink:
When the control room doors are closed and the room is rockin.. You cant hear squat outside.. Isolation is not bad between CR and the live room
but the live room isnt complete by any means thats a whole different project :wink: Is that going to be Digital film or cellulose :P :P

npminard

Post by npminard » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:24 am

St August wrote:
JimiJames wrote:

heres a couple more

Ok heres the skinny :wink:
When the control room doors are closed and the room is rockin.. .
DON'T COME A KNOCKIN' :wink: