Joe Holmes (Ozzy) amps ?

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone Slinger

Joe Holmes (Ozzy) amps ?

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:12 am

Hi, I have been a fan of Joe Holmes since first hearing him on Lizzy Borden's "Visual Lies". I was wondering if anyone knows what amps he was using on those Ozzfest tours ? The youtube vids of him have one of the best "Modern" touches on a classic metal type sound that I have ever heard. Anyone know ?

tonejones

Post by tonejones » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:37 am

Not sure about the amps, but he was actually Ozzy's guitar player for the first part of the "Ozzmosis" tour.....

That was a nice show (was hoping for Zakk, but he was good), had Geezer on bass too!!!!!!
Let's get going, 'cause there's too much music, too little time!!!!

Bluesgeetar
Just the numbers in order: 7

hmmm

Post by Bluesgeetar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:39 pm

I saw that concert!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Holmes was playing at the one I went to also. Saw them in Pelham Alabama. Damn that was a fine concert! They were with Type O Negative and Supultra. My super super conservative Christian Korean wife got so caught up in the moment that she flashed her tits! Man I was shocked! Ozz brings out the beast in even the most shy women! Went home and the woman destroyed me!!! Thanks Ozz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:04 am

I saw them in Memphis on that tour...Geezer wasn't the bassist when I saw them. Robert Trujillo was thumping it out on stage. Poor Joe Holmes, he's like the modern day Tommy Bolin. Replaced Jason Becker in David Lee Roth's band, then replaced Zakk Wylde in Ozzy's band. Seem like he was in Lizzy Borden at one point, but I might be wrong about that. I just always felt sorry for him in a way because he's had to follow EVH, Vai, Becker, Randy, Jake E. Lee, and Zakk Wylde. Who in the hell needs that kind of pressure. :D

Never saw or don't remember... one of the two, which amps he was using. I would assume Marshalls though.
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

tonejones

Re: hmmm

Post by tonejones » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:08 am

Bluesgeetar wrote:I saw that concert!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Holmes was playing at the one I went to also. Saw them in Pelham Alabama. Damn that was a fine concert! They were with Type O Negative and Supultra.
They had KORN with them the show I saw.

I said it then, and I'll say it now: The only thing that band has going for it is their singer!!!!!
Let's get going, 'cause there's too much music, too little time!!!!

MrDan666

Post by MrDan666 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Joe Holmes has pretty much always used a couple of Jose modded 100watt Marshalls! I found this info somewhere on the net ages ago but i dont have it bookmarked, but im pretty certain hes always used them!

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:44 pm

Yeah, I do remember hearing that. Alot of those old Superleads, JMP's, and 800's that the "Big" names (Vai,Lynch etc) were using back in the day were modded by either Jose or Lee Jackson.