guitar port

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

npminard

Post by npminard » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:42 am

Do any of you guys know what kind of soundcard/pc requirements the POD's have? Line 6's site doesn't seem to say. Reason I ask is that I just tried the demo of Amplitube 2, sounded like shit b/c my Direct X soundcard.

BashCoder

Post by BashCoder » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 am

Actually, the deal with the TonePort/GuitarPort devices is that they are digital audio interfaces, so they actually function as a sound card.

npminard

Post by npminard » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:09 am

BashCoder wrote:Actually, the deal with the TonePort/GuitarPort devices is that they are digital audio interfaces, so they actually function as a sound card.
Thanks for the info, so basically what you're saying is that my soundcard on my PC is irrelevant, you can just plug in and go, no worries on how it'll sound through the speakers then (at least no horrible hissing/crackling like w/Amplitube). Glad I know that, won't be getting Amplitube 2 then. I can see why these things are so popular, no need to mess w/soundcards, etc.

BashCoder

Post by BashCoder » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 am

Maybe your problems with Amplitube have to do with how hard it's making your computer work to do all the modeling. With the Line 6 stuff, they offload all the guitar modeling onto their hardware, so the only stuff your computer has to do is the sound I/O.

npminard

Post by npminard » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:35 am

Didn't think of that...good point. I used a driver called ASIO4ALl v2.7 in Fruity Loops so synth and more complex beats wouldn't crack, which makes sense if it's making the computer work hard, that driver cured it, but for whatever reason now, I get no output w/that driver.

BBQLS1

Post by BBQLS1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Anyone have problems with their guitar port like a frequent loud "pop" I was kind of thinking it was picking up cell phone signals.

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:06 pm

lol...exactly !
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:31 pm

BBQLS1 wrote:Anyone have problems with their guitar port like a frequent loud "pop" I was kind of thinking it was picking up cell phone signals.
Did you adjust the buffer? You get more latency but it makes that poping go away.