Whole Lotta Rosie

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

VintWeasel

Whole Lotta Rosie

Post by VintWeasel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:35 pm

Well...i finally got my series 12 back sat morning and popped in some mullards and gave it a quick soundcheck (in my music room w/ 4x12 v 30's) I must say that i wasnt really happy with the sound.( bottom sounded mushy, mids and top end were'nt defined, it didnt seem to have that majical sound that it did before i sent it back. Oh well..i knew there was probably gonna be tweeking...there always is. Anyway pressed for time i threw the amp in the van and brought it along to the gig just to show the mates. Anyway last set the guys say "fire that mofo up doggie, aint that why you got it." I tried to explain the transcendental nuances of my relationship with a new unfamiliar amp, and the resulting psychological ramifications that could occur, but to no avail. I hooked it up. Out of the box BAM Whole lotta rosie. By the time the intro was over, i had my level, switching between 400/500 and listening. By the bridge i glanced around to my mates whose eyes were like saucers and their mouths agape. Pounding out those G and A box chords sounded like all hell was breaking loose, dudes i thought my cab was gonna explode. I kicked in the ocd on the lead, just for the fuck of it, and was pleased with the gut wrenching, puking, lead sound that i so adore...albeit with no feedback or pickup occillation. Yeah George...thats what im talkin about. MORE WILL BE REVEALED.........
"69" 1959T...1959slp/metro 12000 series conversion, w/metro board/metro/dagnal/MM, 6CA7EH's, 79 LP custom, 67 LP/SG custom RI, 05 LP/DC, hotwires cables, 1970 marshall 4x12 w/V30's & Weber Thames, 4x12 w/Weber pre-rola's,THD hotplate,OCD,crybaby

bvmjethead

Post by bvmjethead » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:41 pm

So.....what was the difference?

Did the drive over to practice suddenly make the amp sound better?

8)