Ok, now I've got the firebox, my next move...

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Herec

Ok, now I've got the firebox, my next move...

Post by Herec » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:54 pm

I just routed the signal from my computer speakers to the firebox, and I'm listening to iTunes stuff at 320kbps...

ITS AMAZING. 8)

I think i'm going to purchase

1. Some headphones

2. Some type of shure dynamic (probably the beta 57A, i've heard its pretty good for all around, better sounding than the regular 57)

Side note: Would a 58A be better?

3. Monitors

4. An assortment of those Mojave tube condensers, maybe mod some MXL 2001s or 2003s, some fatheads

5. Build some preamps/find some good ones.

UPDATE: Just listening to recordings, and I can't even count how many times I've thought "Oh shit! I've never heard that before!" I think it was somewhere on Who Are You that I heard someone's bracelet or belt smacking against something and trying to cover it up, and listening to some old Fleetwood Mac (with Green) I'll hear someone come in off beat in the background and stop after about half a second.

St August

Re: Ok, now I've got the firebox, my next move...

Post by St August » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Herec wrote:

UPDATE: Just listening to recordings, and I can't even count how many times I've thought "Oh shit! I've never heard that before!" I think it was somewhere on Who Are You that I heard someone's bracelet or belt smacking against something and trying to cover it up, and listening to some old Fleetwood Mac (with Green) I'll hear someone come in off beat in the background and stop after about half a second.

Ahh Thats because you now "Aware" of what you listening too. You are in the Learning mode..Your eard will now become your instrument... 8)