Running Live Sound from Stage RANT!!!

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Guitar-Sam
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Running Live Sound from Stage RANT!!!

Post by Guitar-Sam » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Why does it seem I'm the only one who has figured out that this half @ssed method does not work??? :?
I've been through so many bands in my gigging carreer and any band that either could not find a good sound man or decided to pull this crap has found out that it is a hit or miss venture.
You may hit it right,you may not,this song may sound great,while the next is completly outta wack balance wise.Get a perect tone at 8pm when the club is empty then when 200 people fill the club you sound like a garage band.EQ was perfect in the dead room last night now we sound like a swirling overtoned mess in the room thats 100% hardwood from floor to ceiling!
Our soundman now runs for a big local sound company and is pretty well regarded localy.And also being a close relative I get him for $40 a night..................so now to save a wopping $8 per man were gonna loss clubs left and right cause of shitty off balance PA w/ no sound man.And to top it off I'm the only one who relies opon this $ for a living,yet Iim the only one who would sound good than have $8 extra for McDonalds.
Am I the only one who thinks"What is the BEST thing for the band"????
I prolly shouldn't evan worry about it being my side band but I can't help it,I hate half @ssing things!!
Sorry for the rant but we gotta go outta town friday night to play a big club in the 1000 islands and were gonna flop!!
74' Stratocaster
Several Frankenstrats
Orange Tiny Terror & PPC 1x12 cab
Marshall 2210
69' Marshall 4x12 "B" cab
Dean Markley CD-60

45auto

Post by 45auto » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 am

i feel for you. it's been many years ago, but it was always me with the board on my side of the stage. playing guitar (in a three piece) doing all the lead vocals (somebody had to do it) & trying to throw some keyboard in when my left hand was free. the other two guys were busy winking at their girlfriends :lol:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guitar-Sam
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Guitar-Sam » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Boy was I a miserable bastard when I wrote this..... :lol:
I just get annoyed all I want is to do things as proffesionly as we can evan if it is my fill in the off nights band.
Going by the old saying your only as good as your last gig.I don't feel you should skimp in a lesser paying club or outta town etc...the people watching don't know the details etc... all they know is weather it sounds good or not.
74' Stratocaster
Several Frankenstrats
Orange Tiny Terror & PPC 1x12 cab
Marshall 2210
69' Marshall 4x12 "B" cab
Dean Markley CD-60