I wrote an instrumental. First sound post from me! JTM45!

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Bluesgeetar
Just the numbers in order: 7

I wrote an instrumental. First sound post from me! JTM45!

Post by Bluesgeetar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:29 pm

what the hey!?
Last edited by Bluesgeetar on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluesgeetar

hmmmm

Post by Bluesgeetar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 pm

11 views and no comments yet. Does it suck that bad? I know it's lame to you guys but it is my vibe. Could you guys at least comment on the mixing and editing? Needs work? Sucks and quit while I am ahead or what? :(

cole
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by cole » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Sounds cool man - nice lead tones! Good to know that a JTM can do that.

Cole
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

Bluesgeetar

Post by Bluesgeetar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:45 pm

cole wrote:Sounds cool man - nice lead tones! Good to know that a JTM can do that.

Cole
thanks! The 62 Jaguar is the major player for that tone your hearing, Nothing in the world sounds like a jag. That is the neck PUP

Myopic Void

Post by Myopic Void » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Chris "quit while your ahead" no way...all I can say is this is so refreshing and so well put together. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to do this. Such a relief to hear something with some atmosphere and character. Great playing and recording! JTM45... an amp for all seasons 8)

By far one of the coolest clips I have heard here! Keep'em coming. Time to grab a Dunhill International and pour myself a glass of J&B Scotch and give your track another listen.

Cheers,

E

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 pm

sounds great. 8)

Zoso

Post by Zoso » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:40 am

I dig it, shows the other side of the great British beast we call Marshall. I actually really liked the bass sound. Very impressive for a POD. Very woody. Nice job.
What good is my wisdom
When there are no words to say
How I feel everday ?

crossroader

Post by crossroader » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm kind of new here...but I just have to say that it's so incredibly refreshing to hear the tonal variants of the classic JTM45. The tonal nuances of the strings are just so inspiring and I must say that it's quite a splendid and enchanting treat indeed! Actually, the more I listen to it, the more it brings me back to the days of sipping a delicate '59 Beauvoir with its charming cuve
Last edited by crossroader on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Myopic Void

Post by Myopic Void » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:33 pm

crossroader wrote:I'm kind of new here...but I just have to say that it's so incredibly refreshing to hear the tonal variants of the classic JTM45. The tonal nuances of the strings are just so inspiring! Very, very nice indeed! Actually, the more I listen to it, the more it brings me back to the days of sipping Black Label beer in the lounge with my older brother in the summer '73 after watching Night Gallery episodes on TV....man...those were the groviest days!
That's what I'm talking about! Damn "Night Gallery" I loved that show when they would re-run it in the 80's. Yeah I can hear this music on "Night Gallery"! Perfect fit for the right eposide taking place in a relaxed lounge atmosphere with a couple Bombay Gin and Tonic's or better yet Black Label beer :D :D

E

45auto

Post by 45auto » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:50 pm

night gallery! cool, i gotta hear this now. unfortunately no speakers at work! i'll check it out at the house later. i use sx3 too!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bluesgeetar

hhmmmm

Post by Bluesgeetar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Wow! I can't believe some of you guys like it. You've given me hope for the forum that maybe it can see past EVH or some other hair spray rocker once and a while. :mrgreen:

Bluesgeetar

Post by Bluesgeetar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Myopic Void wrote:
crossroader wrote:I'm kind of new here...but I just have to say that it's so incredibly refreshing to hear the tonal variants of the classic JTM45. The tonal nuances of the strings are just so inspiring! Very, very nice indeed! Actually, the more I listen to it, the more it brings me back to the days of sipping Black Label beer in the lounge with my older brother in the summer '73 after watching Night Gallery episodes on TV....man...those were the groviest days!
That's what I'm talking about! Damn "Night Gallery" I loved that show when they would re-run it in the 80's. Yeah I can hear this music on "Night Gallery"! Perfect fit for the right eposide taking place in a relaxed lounge atmosphere with a couple Bombay Gin and Tonic's or better yet Black Label beer :D :D

E

"Night Gallery" was one and still is a cool cool show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:14 pm

did u say you wrote this? it sounds like chuck negrown of three dog night singing a song called "easy to be hard"> same melody.

Bluesgeetar

hmmm

Post by Bluesgeetar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I had to go to Amazon.com to hear a sound sample of that song. It does sound a little alike. Trippy!

rockstah

Re: hmmm

Post by rockstah » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Bluesgeetar wrote:I had to go to Amazon.com to hear a sound sample of that song. It does sound a little alike. Trippy!
sounds more than alittle a like - it is the melody u are playing on the guitar.
the only reason i knew it was because i have played that very song with Chuck before.;)