question about reamping

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

npminard

question about reamping

Post by npminard » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Is it correct if you run your amp>load>effects>power amp>cab? I know it probably wouldn't be called reamping anymore (and also a dumb question), but can you take out the power amp from the chain and run amp>load>effects>cab? Not sure if that would even work or not, don't want to try it in case it's not good. Thanks

45auto

Post by 45auto » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:59 am

correct. but no, you couldn't really go fx straight to the cab without an amp to bring your signal up.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

miguel

Post by miguel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:36 am

i think it would be a rather quiet setup. :wink:

I recently revamped my live rig - I've got the amp running into a loadbox, with the slave output from the amp going straight to the power amp & cab. The cab is miked with a Sennheiser e906, and that dry signal goes to a line mixer, where it is split to a stereo f/x processor and everything (including my piezo acoustic signal) gets mixed down to a stereo house send.

Very cool sound in the house and in my in-ear monitors. :)
"Put your message in a modem and throw it in the Cyber Sea"

npminard

Post by npminard » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Thanks for the clarification guys, so that's why you need another amp, to bring up the signal, makes sense now.

miguel, when you say slave output from the amp, do you just mean the line out? Have any sound clips of your rig? Would love to hear that piezo acoustic signal

miguel

Post by miguel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Yes, it's just a line out tapped off the speaker jack - HIWATT always labeled them "slave".

Sorry, no clips of this latest configuration (yet). I need to carve out some recording time...
"Put your message in a modem and throw it in the Cyber Sea"