What happened to the 'secret' pedal thread ?

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Good Guest

Re: What happened to the 'secret' pedal thread ?

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

planetjimi wrote:
Good Guest wrote:Actually it's starting to look like a whole shit load of boxs.....this is going to be very expensive no matter how one looks at it.. :?
I thought you KNEW which box it was?
I do, but now there is another one some are concentrating on that looks to be very promising also. :D I won't be able to sleep till I build one and try it out.... :whistle:

planetjimi

Post by planetjimi » Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Good Guest wrote:
planetjimi wrote:
Good Guest wrote:Actually it's starting to look like a whole shit load of boxs.....this is going to be very expensive no matter how one looks at it.. :?
I thought you KNEW which box it was?
I do, but now there is another one some are concentrating on that looks to be very promising also. :D I won't be able to sleep till I build one and try it out.... :whistle:

So you don't know, You BELEIVE ...

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 5:35 pm

planetjimi wrote:
So you don't know, You BELEIVE ...
One I know for sure the other I believe could be yet another ... :thumbsup:

plexivanhalen
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by plexivanhalen » Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Good Guest wrote:
plexivanhalen wrote:
So am I. But it's NOT the Colorsound pedals, MXR distorion +, MXR Micro Amp, Tubescreamer, Boss SD-1, Jordan Bosstone, Rangemaster, Fulldrive, MXR Blue EQ, Boss GE-10, EH LPB-1, Big Muff , EP Booster, MXR Distortion III :wink:
Hey you forgot ..blue clipper, purple peaker and red ranger ....opps maybe it's a yellow humper :lol:
:
I knew there was some I'd forgotten. No it's none of the Dan Armstrong effects. As you well know :wink:

vh junkie

Post by vh junkie » Thu May 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Still got that avatar with the "Banned" logo over it? Your gonna a need it if you don't stop this shit! If your not gonna say, then shut up instead of teasing.

I can understand not spilling the beans in the forum, instead you could PM some of the long time members with what you are talking about. Would not hurt to have a bunch of folks working on possible candidates... you might be able to help us separate the vintage opamps from the modern. You mentioned one pedal, and then a different one to Beasty. The thread was deleted immediately after that post.
"With all due respect, sir, you're beginning to bore the hell out of me."
- Gunny Highway

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 6:26 pm

vh junkie wrote:
Still got that avatar with the "Banned" logo over it? Your gonna a need it if you don't stop this shit! If your not gonna say, then shut up instead of teasing.

I can understand not spilling the beans in the forum, instead you could PM some of the long time members with what you are talking about. Would not hurt to have a bunch of folks working on possible candidates... you might be able to help us separate the vintage opamps from the modern. You mentioned one pedal, and then a different one to Beasty. The thread was deleted immediately after that post.
Aww aint that too bad....WTF.....hey I mentioned some stuff , to the forum period and the thread disappeared not my fault..go suck up to a mod ..maybe they will let you see it, if you whine enough...I sure wouldn't....Besides Beasty :rock: and others :hairband: who seen the post have the valuable info anyways to turn up some mouth watering clips.. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

vh junkie

Post by vh junkie » Thu May 24, 2012 6:32 pm

I rest my case... I have always been a supporter of yours... but your just acting like ass now. I get a little silly, rarely, but I generally only post when I have an observation, schematic, and/or clip that might help some folks. This teasing, self aggrandizing crap you have been pulling here should not be what this forum is about.
- Gunny Highway

dazzlindino

Post by dazzlindino » Thu May 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Last edited by dazzlindino on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want my music waking up the dead...
Dont tell me to turn it down

if its not loud enough you must be really old...huh,what,what did you play?

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

dazzlindino wrote:So am I. But it's NOT the Colorsound pedals, MXR distorion +, MXR Micro Amp, Tubescreamer, Boss SD-1, Jordan Bosstone, Rangemaster, Fulldrive, MXR Blue EQ, Boss GE-10, EH LPB-1, Big Muff , EP Booster, MXR Distortion III :wink:

:?:
the Boss OD-1, left off your list, came out in late 77, guess it would have been
very close timewise for Ed to have used this pedal...
Don't forget the ds-1 that pedal rang EVH all over the place when it first came out..I don't know the timeline of them but the original had that special chip in it...it was the only pedal at that time that allowed the tapping thing right out of the box so to speak.

vh junkie wrote:I rest my case... I have always been a supporter of yours... but your just acting like ass now. I get a little silly, rarely, but I generally only post when I have an observation, schematic, and/or clip that might help some folks. This teasing, self aggrandizing crap you have been pulling here should not be what this forum is about.
Oh relax ..you'll know before you know it..You know no one can keep a secret too long on the forum....seriously it is kind of a predicament cause there are so many people here deserving of such knowledge and their are some you wouldn't want them to even sniff the knowledge and their are some that just want to capitalize off the knowledge....but the fact of the matter remains that the pedal does exist and can be proved.....it's just gonna take some time to do the weeding so to speak...so let me play around with the colorsound thingy and then make some clips of the other thingy and then we'll really have some fun around here. In the meantime go buy some metro plexi's cause those are the only amps that will work with unsaid gizmos.. :champ:

vh junkie

Post by vh junkie » Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Good Guest wrote:
vh junkie wrote:I rest my case... I have always been a supporter of yours... but your just acting like ass now. I get a little silly, rarely, but I generally only post when I have an observation, schematic, and/or clip that might help some folks. This teasing, self aggrandizing crap you have been pulling here should not be what this forum is about.
Oh relax ..you'll know before you know it..You know no one can keep a secret too long on the forum....seriously it is kind of a predicament cause there are so many people here deserving of such knowledge and their are some you wouldn't want them to even sniff the knowledge and their are some that just want to capitalize off the knowledge....but the fact of the matter remains that the pedal does exist and can be proved.....it's just gonna take some time to do the weeding so to speak...so let me play around with the colorsound thingy and then make some clips of the other thingy and then we'll really have some fun around here. In the meantime go buy some metro plexi's cause those are the only amps that will work with unsaid gizmos..
Thank you for being a little more constuctive instead of telling folks they will have to go broke to figure out what you are talking about. I still don't understand why you need to experiment with both "thingys" if you lnow what it is? They seem like completely different animals to me? Seems like finding the vintage parts will be the hardest part. Please keep pushing this forward in a positive way. BTW, there are secrets still out there (at least 1 or 2) about the amp itself that only a few of us know! They all fit in with the "stock amp" theory... you just have to research what was done with the various amps that went out the factory...
- Gunny Highway

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Thu May 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey everyone,

I f'd up deleting that thread. Nobody was even close to being banned. Especially not Good Guest lol. Like I said before, I enjoyed the tech info and would like to try a pedal with 10000 series, (and maybe a Twistyneck treatment but with a safe value in the 1k to 2k range... so no replating.)

If there's a way to bring back the a cached tech info from that thread... Feel free... Nobody is trying to hide secret info. Just trying to keep another nasty fight from another forum from spilling over here,and hit the wrong button. If it's that popular, I'll even make it a sticky.

There has never been a problem with different ideas,approaches, or even anecdotal versions of events. It's all about how we treat each other. Hope you all can understand where I'm coming from, and accept my apology, Mike

dazzlindino

Post by dazzlindino » Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Last edited by dazzlindino on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want my music waking up the dead...
Dont tell me to turn it down

if its not loud enough you must be really old...huh,what,what did you play?

vh junkie

Post by vh junkie » Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

mightymike wrote:Hey everyone,

I f'd up deleting that thread. Nobody was even close to being banned. Especially not Good Guest lol. Like I said before, I enjoyed the tech info and would like to try a pedal with 10000 series, (and maybe a Twistyneck treatment but with a safe value in the 1k to 2k range... so no replating.)

If there's a way to bring back the a cached tech info from that thread... Feel free... Nobody is trying to hide secret info. Just trying to keep another nasty fight from another forum from spilling over here,and hit the wrong button. If it's that popular, I'll even make it a sticky.

There has never been a problem with different ideas,approaches, or even anecdotal versions of events. It's all about how we treat each other. Hope you all can understand where I'm coming from, and accept my apology, Mike
Hey thanks Mike for explaining! Hopefully, the salient info will reappear...
- Gunny Highway

stef

Post by stef » Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm

mightymike wrote:Hey everyone,

If there's a way to bring back the a cached tech info from that thread... Feel free...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... en&ct=clnk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mr.twistyneck

Post by mr.twistyneck » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 pm

there are so many people here deserving of such knowledge
ahem.

Dear Mr. Good Guest,
I promise not to profit from your knowledge. I am neither a manufacturer nor famous. I am, however, a ridiculously nerdy middle aged guitar player with a thing for VH1 tone. Please share.
Thanks,
mr.twistyneck

that's it......hit the PM button.....yessssssss......you can do it......yes....type in your guesses......hit send.....POW instant sainthood.

kthxbye