What happened to the 'secret' pedal thread ?

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

plexivanhalen
Just the numbers in order: 7

What happened to the 'secret' pedal thread ?

Post by plexivanhalen » Thu May 24, 2012 6:55 am

That was getting quite interesting :popcorn:

fhn_lopes

Re: What happened to the 'secret' pedal thread ?

Post by fhn_lopes » Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 am

Maybe someone found out what it was and they deleted it to keep the secret secret :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :palm:
76' JMP 50w w/ 71' metro board
93' Fernandes SSS strat
93' Fender Japan HSS Strat
4x12 w/ 2x 25w rola creambacks /2x 25w m75 Scumbacks

Audiowonderland

Post by Audiowonderland » Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am

I was in the middle of reading it when it disappeared. I didn't see any thing offensive but I didn't see the last couple of pages. Too bad. It seemed to be staying remarkably civil and I thought the theories were fascinating

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:56 am

It was eaten by that Loch ness ceature.....
12000 Metro Kit

jape88

Post by jape88 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 am

Yeah, I left the thread yesterday thinking about the colorsound pedal :what: let's hope the post gremlin isn't back.

planetjimi

Post by planetjimi » Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am

Really? WTF? Google still has a lot of it cached if you google search within the forum. Mods can't deleted that! lol.

plexivanhalen

Post by plexivanhalen » Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Jose Flanders wrote:I dunno but I'm getting a secret pedal in the mail either Fri or Sat. :dlr:
So am I. But it's NOT the Colorsound pedals, MXR distorion +, MXR Micro Amp, Tubescreamer, Boss SD-1, Jordan Bosstone, Rangemaster, Fulldrive, MXR Blue EQ, Boss GE-10, EH LPB-1, Big Muff , EP Booster, MXR Distortion III :wink:

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm

plexivanhalen wrote:
So am I. But it's NOT the Colorsound pedals, MXR distorion +, MXR Micro Amp, Tubescreamer, Boss SD-1, Jordan Bosstone, Rangemaster, Fulldrive, MXR Blue EQ, Boss GE-10, EH LPB-1, Big Muff , EP Booster, MXR Distortion III :wink:
Hey you forgot ..blue clipper, purple peaker and red ranger ....opps maybe it's a yellow humper :lol:

Actually it was suspicious when the colorsound info was revealed that the thread vanished...The colorsound is a good contender as there is a pic of one..it's not the one I believe but until the magic trick based on fact and not presently available by cloners ,or is performed on one I wouldn't discount it yet. :rock:

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Don't forget this one.
Attachments
1459_Carl_Martin_Red_Repeat_Delay_a.jpg
1459_Carl_Martin_Red_Repeat_Delay_a.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
12000 Metro Kit

Audiowonderland

Post by Audiowonderland » Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 pm

You would think the mods would man up and say they deleted it if that's the case. Honestly, is the pedal choice of EVH 35 years ago really a matter of national security? Is Will Smith going to show up and zap us all?
Last edited by Audiowonderland on Thu May 24, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

That clip of the colorsound is kinda enlightening but then gets too-fuzz facy I think. Its tough to judge by clips of someone rumaging through tones of something when they really aren't maximizing it toward its efforts at the brown sound. Whats cool is all of us here are on the same page-squeeeeeeze as much brown outta everything we touch.
Hopefully someone here does this for posterity and proper application.I am not a dirt box believer, but I am interested to explore anything really. You just never know.
One factor I have to take into consideration is the insane volume that comes with a plexi-a dirt box would get around this much more realistaclly in the scheme of things.
I mean i really believe Ed had it very tamed volume wise. Yeah at the big shows it was honkin loud of course-it needed to penetrate the audience. But at practice too?? I doubt it. And in the days before signing with wb for vh1 those dudes did not have alot of money. Ed wasn't burnin through tubes and transormers weekly-he just could not afford it. Nor would breakin your amp in the middle of a gig be at all worth a shit. "Oh we gotta post pone cause eds amp gave up, see ya next weekend" was not gonna make them famous.
I still lean toward the eq for drive as its more generating the amp overdrive very carefully at certain frequencies. But a boost on alot of pedals had a curve tonally that would easily do the same thing wihout a clipping circuit engaged.
The dsd drives like mad! Paf falls short. EQ is known fact that was there and i think the reason there were some unplugged on his pedalboard pics os maybe as the board was layed in front of different amps it was there to use to make things happen. And live they just had the amps set up along with the eq's mated to each amp-so when he switched that particular amp-if it was a teeny bit different sounding already had its eq tweaked in ready to go.

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Red Herring :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep DC you got some great points and the fuzz part is totally wrong for EVH tone it's not a fuzz it's more boost and eq and a specific tone coloring only a unique box can provide...

Now there are two possibility's .....this is fun and never ending... :thumbsup:

Audiowonderland

Post by Audiowonderland » Thu May 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Good Guest wrote:Red Herring :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep DC you got some great points and the fuzz part is totally wrong for EVH tone it's not a fuzz it's more boost and eq and a specific tone coloring only a unique box can provide...

Now there are two possibility's .....this is fun and never ending... :thumbsup:
Actually its getting to be a little old and boring with all of the veiled references and cryptic spy tactics. The 5 people here who give a shit can't possibly drive the price up on whatever the hell you think this box is. I would much rather discuss real tools than play Sherlock Holmes

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Actually it's starting to look like a whole shit load of boxs.....this is going to be very expensive no matter how one looks at it.. :?

planetjimi

Post by planetjimi » Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Good Guest wrote:Actually it's starting to look like a whole shit load of boxs.....this is going to be very expensive no matter how one looks at it.. :?
I thought you KNEW which box it was?