Pics of my 1st ever Marshall

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

printman73
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Pics of my 1st ever Marshall

Post by printman73 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:54 pm

All right, I said I would post some pics of my build. Here are some. One of the big differences was that I used 2, 50 UF cans for filtering and filtered using one side of the inside 50. Except for the Classictone tranny's and choke that's all that changed except for the fact I used a chassis from Tube Depot and a rotary switch for impedance. So both 50 cans are under and none on top. I thought the PT and the OT were too close so I chose to separate with a little space. The biggest thing I had to deal with was after the build the KT-66 would not go into the tube base in front of the OT. Thank goodness for the sliders on the base of it. I didn't get the tubes before the build and almost paid the price of having to go back and knock it down. Like I said before, the only start up problem was having switched the OT wires on V4 and V5. Other than that my Sheraton sounds great and my son brought his 83 Les Paul over. It just sings through it. After being a Fender man my whole life I guess I have gone over to the dark side. I like it. This amp is more quiet than almost any amp that I have ever played through.

I must note my son talked me into building the metro design over the Triode 45+ and I'm glad he did. George made it easy to follow with the build sheet and it made me understand more how to research and eliminate problems before they happened.

Now, if anyone wants to comment about what color of head cabinet to build for it, then I'm up for discussion. I'm leaning white or cream.
Attachments
OT Wires before they were switched.jpg
Where the OT wires were switched
(62.83 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
Jarring the House.jpg
Party has started. The lights are on.
(47.39 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
The guts showing 50UF cans.jpg
showing the can placement and the Lar/Mar master
(56.57 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times

neikeel

Re: Pics of my 1st ever Marshall

Post by neikeel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Nice build :toast:
Neil

lprman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by lprman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Congrats, enjoy! :clap: :rock:

printman73
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by printman73 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Well, it took me long enough. I finally got the cabinet finished. Vacations and the procrastination bug, you know? I have to finish gluing or tacking the piping down by the amp corners but she's ready to travel. Might get the gold Marshall logo to replace the white one. I know it's not perfect but she sounds great. The best thing I did on this build was the Lar/Mar PPI-MV. I really like it and it is pretty clean. By the way, I put the heat gun to it and got the air bubble out of the left face plate that you see in the pic. I'll play with it a while then I might change out the 2 dual 50 cans I put in it to the duel 16 & 32. Might also put the 1k grid resistors in in case I want to play with the el-34's. Having too much fun now to even want to take it back down. I do like the 6l6 over the kt-66's. But then that is an ear thing. Until I do anything again have a happy time making your amp your own.

The Old Printman
Attachments
IMG_7905.jpg
(221.93 KiB) Downloaded 827 times