The New G12H-75 Creambacks

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Majorlead78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

The New G12H-75 Creambacks

Post by Majorlead78 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm

This is interesting. First Celestion came out with the G12M-65 Creambacks. Now these.

http://celestion.com/product/141/g12h75_creamback/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Re: The New G12H-75 Creambacks

Post by Scumback Speakers » Fri May 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Wait a minute. They already had a G12H Heritage 75 hz that was a 65w, didn't they? :stars:

Or was it a 30w? I'm so confused... :lol:
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Sat May 25, 2013 1:06 am

I like original CB's & always say they are a great matchup for a JTM45 if your playing blues & rock...

Unbiasedly, What is the new CB 65 ? Is it the same speq with more wattage in the cottage ?

What now is the CB 75 ?
What are they pushing ?
What/Who are they targeting ?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg[/youtube]
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Majorlead78

Post by Majorlead78 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Scumback Speakers wrote:Wait a minute. They already had a G12H Heritage 75 hz that was a 65w, didn't they? :stars:

Or was it a 30w? I'm so confused... :lol:

LMAO!!!! :lol:
JimiJames wrote:What is the new CB 65 ?

What now is the CB 75 ?
What are they pushing ?
The G12M-65 Creamback is a new speaker that Celestion came out with in late 2011/early 2012. I don't think they're same speaker as the G12-65 Heritage due to the frequency response but they're both 97dBs.

http://celestion.com/product/123/g12m65_creamback/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the G12H-75 Creamback, way different than the G12T-75.

The way it's looking is that Celestion could be in serious trouble. Maybe they're targeting & trying desperately to lure Scumback users back to Celestion.

David

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat May 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Perhaps they ought to change their bloody ridiculous prices then.

I'm in the UK, and even with customs and overseas shipping thrown in, I can get a quad of Scummies cheaper than a quad of equivalent Heritage Celestions. So I'll choose the former. :lol: And sound better too. :thumbsup:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

louis
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by louis » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Maybe Celestion 101 could shed some light!

Louis

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Sun May 26, 2013 9:05 am

JimiJames wrote:I like original CB's & always say they are a great matchup for a JTM45 if your playing blues & rock...

Unbiasedly, What is the new CB 65 ? Is it the same speq with more wattage in the cottage ?

What now is the CB 75 ?
What are they pushing ?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg[/youtube]
I don't know but that MP clip is classic. But seriously, they are seeing guys who care about tone and deliver a product that surpasses what they currently offer based on their past products but got too lazy and only care about the money and trying to get back to where they were 40 years ago but only seem to be confusing the market. Simple as that.. :whistle: :shrug: :drummer:
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 am

louis wrote:Maybe Celestion 101 could shed some light!

Louis
JimiJames wrote:...Unbiasedly, What is the new...
I think you missed a word there, Louis... :shrug: One can simply go to the link the OP posted and "get enlightened"
Must of threw you off with the vid. :P He's more than welcomed to post since he is a Rep & a Metro-member...

yea, back to the consumer,
You get the sense that they've dropped the ball and are playing catch-up to the demands of
the evolving guitar player. That's awesome that it's being offered, but I don't get asked what I like, man ?
I get... "Buy this. You're gonna' like it !" from them.
I have seen Jim & other companies listen through the years and offer products, and with Jim almost catering exclusively to Metro's members or atleast he had some direction of where the average Joe was headed that needed to evoke sounds like their favorite guitar players with today's gear.

IIRC Orange has a stock Gold-loaded 4x12.
That has to be the most expensive cab with the Gold's listing at nearly $300.00 each retail.
But good tone is good tone and Celestion does (used to) offer a decent product.
I think they have nothing to worry though The name "Celestion" sells itself....
Inevitability, I'm still buying them down the road, and if they're not "cutting it" then... bah-bye.

Sometimes buying new is not always the answer we're looking for.
I re-coned a Quad of BB's, and 2 were re-born at 65w. :popcorn:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Celestion101
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Celestion101 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Wow, speculation is the name of the game here! haha

Easy....we've done a high powered M (the G12M-65 Creamback) and now there's the high powered H (G12H-75 Creamback). Why a cream can....because it's a nod to what we had for a brief time in the 70's. Both are UK built and sale for $159 and $169 respectively. Regarding Celestion in trouble, thanks for the concern but no, biz is literally better than ever. Our motivation for these? Well the market is buying less 4x12's and that will continue to be the trend (I own a few and love them...just telling you the truth). These give you a the option of using your 50w and up heads with a 1x12 or 2x12 etc. Nothing scientific, just the real demands. We also did a little work with the low-end to give a lmore thump without screwing up the mids and top-end of the respective originals. The Creamback M's are flying off the shelf.....we'll see how the H's do when they arrive next month. I've been using a 65w M Creamback and a Gold together for the last 6 months and dig it. If you are a "H guy", than that will be the ticket for you. We debuted them at the NY Amp Show and most dug them. It's funny, creating high-powered version takes everything about a traditional M or H and magnifies it. Whether you're into our speakers, Jim's, or ASW, have fun and feel blessed to have so many options. More playing, less typing gents...Im off to a gig now. Peace!

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Wow, speculation is the name of the game here! haha
You can say THAT again... :lol:

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 am

The Celestion Creamback series are amazing. I recently bought an angled cab Metropoulos True Replica cab loaded with G12H-75 Creambacks.
George helped me out by burning in the cab, I would like to state I find these 75 watt H's slightly different from the Pulsonic coned speakers of yore that I had, but I find these new Creambacks to be their own thing.
Definitely an H sounding speaker, the extra power handling capability is awesome.
I never have been an M guy, even in the old days, 30H's were the ones for me.
George liked them enough to load a cab with them to bring to the amp shows, the past Nashville and the approaching LA.
Try these out if you can honestly I looked at the specs, wasn't able to see a clip until I just found one by Peter Throrn from back in August using a 2X"12.
The H's have that woody tone to them, the bass, mids and treble are amazing.
Plus I feel that I am proud to own a cabinet that cannot be improved upon, it is already the best it can be, an exact replica.
Believe me the devil is in the details and whatever George builds, it is exactly like his original equipment Marshall's.
I new I wanted a TRue Replica from when they were first announced.
It was just what do I want to load it with.
Well the answer came to me with the H Creambacks, they were the ideal speaker for the job.
After selling off 3 treasured electric guitars to pay bills after my disability money finally came through I mailed George a cashiers check!
Did I mention I love this cabinet and speakers!! :lol:
Not coincidentally my original 'London stack' back when I lived there the first time 1966-1973 I purchased the stack of the Bee Gee's touring guitarist. He wanted colored Marshall's, ahead of his time :lol: .
I had the 1968 Salt and Pepper basketweave 1982A angled cabinet with 30H Pulsonic cones 014's I think, anyway the good cones and my bottom cab was a rarity a tall S&P cab with metal handles!! Never saw one of them since anywhere.
It had the Large 8" white logo and G12M Greenback 25's.
The mix of the two with my 1967 Super Lead was awesome. So the circle remains unbroken, I have my '68 angled cab back and it is priced more than reasonably for it's construction and attention to detail!!
The guitars I have left, down to one Heritage Gary Moore with EMG-81's, my Fullerton 1983 '57 Reissue Blackie, my two Washburn Steve Stevens SS 80's with '93 vintage SD JB's and my replica Hamer SS-3 with some pickups wound in Texas that kill especially the angled neck single coil, just the richest most full bodied tone you could hope for.
I knew it was the right move then and I still feel that way now after I sold the Handwired Marshall cabs to Brad King of Rig_Talk forum and he has his own store now King Guitars.
Just search Handwired cabs to read all the reasons the HW cabs were no damn good to my ears and physically they were constructed appallingly.
Plus needed the cash to help pay for the 1993 Washburn SS 80 maple quilt topped guitar with museum grade birds eye maple for the maple cap neck. There is not another factory Washburn in the world like it. :worthy:
Love me some Italian cream in my coffee and some cream in my cabs, very smooth.
Cheers
yngwie308 :shred: :shred: :hairband: :jimi: :thumbsup: :rock: :rock: :D :drool:
http://s57.photobucket.com/user/davida5 ... t=3&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Nashville Amp show , the red 10000 series head is on the Creamback G12H-75 Metro cab, and some shots of my cab after she arrived!!
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:43 am

Any other new Creamback owners out there? James Lugo is doing another amp shootout Dec 7th and will be using a cab loaded with the H Creamies!
These shootouts are always fun and interesting, I think they mainly originate on The Gear page, but many other forums carry them.
Since it is in their line up of amps I am looking forward to hearing the latest Friedman head the SS100 with the H-75's!!
Please don't confuse these 75's with the previous 75 Celestions. They are a world apart and big and fat with a chewy feel and dynamic mids and treble, plus a tight bass, what more could one desire!! :champ: :champ:
I was originally really excited about the Heritage G12H-30's that came in my two HW cabs but soon they showed their true colors and allied with very poor QC and construction these cabs left my house as soon as I got a buyer.
They were beyond mint but I was only asking for slightly less than half of what they were worth so quick sale..this was like 4 years ago so no speakers for my Marshall since then.
I bloody love these new Celestion H-75's Mr. Celestion 101 they are awesome. My faith in Celestion has been restored!! :worthy: :worthy:
Great job on these.
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:55 am

Hey Yngwie 308, did you catch my info revision on the Celestion G12-75T speakers that Gary Moore used under, Artists --> Jeff Beck in the metro amp forum? Check out my response to your question there. According to Gary himself, and piecing together information given, he used a DSL 100 and 4 x 12" 75 watt speaker cab in the studio from 98' to 03' which could mean that he used this cab to record albums from Dark Days in Paradise, A Different Beat, Back to the Blues, Scars, and Power of the Blues.

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks Lefty Lou, I had missed that about Yngwie and the 75T speakers.
These new Creambacks are absolutely killer, especially with Georges True Replica real time machine cabs set for 1968!.
I obtained my terrific sounding Rockman modules, the Sustainor ant the Stereo Chorus Delay which I found a ”19 rack module tray.
And my Scholz Power Soak arrives very soon along with my new Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe...
looking forward to rocked and vibey 2014...Happy New Year fellow Metro forumites and a blessed let's pray to keep all our heads above the water, so to speak!:-)
yngwie308

louis

Post by louis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

yngwie308 wrote: These new Creambacks are absolutely killer, especially with Georges True Replica real time machine cabs set for 1968!.

yngwie308
Any clips made yet ?

Louis