Another Celestion price hike

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Another Celestion price hike

Post by demonufo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 pm

3rd successive year, and it's another big one too. Some speakers are close to double what they were 4 years ago. And this is in the U.K.

I can now guaranteed buy superior (my opinion of course) Scumback clones cheaper than Celestion British made equivalents on British soil, AND that's even factoring in the customs charge AND the shipping from the U.S.

Gotta be good news for you, Jimmy... :D

The question now has to be asked, are Celestions worth the money they are charging? In the face of the competition, I have to say a resounding "NO". :( Sad times for British industry, and the British economy, where an awful lot of people are still struggling, despite ridiculous cost of living, way over inflated house prices etc. Having just spent 6 whole months out of work, I've grown to appreciate just what a dire situation this is.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

N3m0 7h3 Fi5h
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Another Celestion price hike

Post by N3m0 7h3 Fi5h » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Eventhough not in the same class of both mentioned speakers... the other alternative.. is Peavey Shefield speakers that common tobe found in the 5150 cab...

Just my opinion...

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by chrisom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm

The reason they and everybody is having to raise their prices is because the currency of each nation is no longer worth as much thanks to bailouts coordinated by political leaders, the IMF, and the Goldman Sachs formers being installed in Greece and everywhere else. Printing money out of thin air debases the value of the currency, and hanging it on the taxpayers to pay the debt incurred makes everyone poorer, including Celestion and those buying Celestion (or anything else)...

jimmyride

Post by jimmyride » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Sadly, this is not about Britain only.......
demonufo wrote:3rd successive year, and it's another big one too. Some speakers are close to double what they were 4 years ago. And this is in the U.K.

I can now guaranteed buy superior (my opinion of course) Scumback clones cheaper than Celestion British made equivalents on British soil, AND that's even factoring in the customs charge AND the shipping from the U.S.

Gotta be good news for you, Jimmy... :D

The question now has to be asked, are Celestions worth the money they are charging? In the face of the competition, I have to say a resounding "NO". :( Sad times for British industry, and the British economy, where an awful lot of people are still struggling, despite ridiculous cost of living, way over inflated house prices etc. Having just spent 6 whole months out of work, I've grown to appreciate just what a dire situation this is.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:07 pm

chrisom wrote:The reason they and everybody is having to raise their prices is because the currency of each nation is no longer worth as much thanks to bailouts coordinated by political leaders, the IMF, and the Goldman Sachs formers being installed in Greece and everywhere else. Printing money out of thin air debases the value of the currency, and hanging it on the taxpayers to pay the debt incurred makes everyone poorer, including Celestion and those buying Celestion (or anything else)...
True. There has to come a point where their aftermarket sales diminish though, and the OEM users are tied to it. I wonder if any of the OEM users will eventually decide to jump ship? I doubt very much Marshall would be willing to make that move though, since the names Marshall and Celestion have such a reputation that a lot of uneducated (that doesn't mean stupid) buyers might baulk at the idea of something different.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!