What can I expect from this setup?

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

joesp1998
Just the numbers in order: 13492

What can I expect from this setup?

Post by joesp1998 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:07 am

Les Paul / Strat / Tele > Analogman NKT 275 Sun Face > MXR 10-Band EQ > Metropoulos 45/100 (FX Loop Send) > Passive Boost > Ernie Ball VP Jr. 25K > Fulltone TTE 6.0 > fender '63 Reverb Tank > (FX Loop Return) > 2x Metropoulos 1967 Scumback 4x12

I'd set the amp just beyond breakup and use my volume knob for cleans. If I need more gain, I'll use the sun face.

Will this setup deliver tones similar to Joe Bonamassa, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour (I know this setup is in no way ideal for DG stuff but still...), Warren Haynes, etc.

Are these realistic expectations and can you think of any improvements?

Jason77
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: What can I expect from this setup?

Post by Jason77 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

That's a great setup! If you can't get it done with that, then I don't know what to tell you. I would throw in a tube screamer style pedal, especially for the SRV stuff, but you can always tweak your eq to get a similar effect. You can get close to the Gilmour sound with a good boost up front to help give you more sustain. Another key to that will be a subtle use of modulation. You have to remember that, even though he used a muff, he used another pedal after that (I forget which, off the top of my head) to compensate for the scooped sound.