Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Best Boost for a 45/100

Post by JimiJames » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:02 am

slagg wrote:Retrochannel-Fuzz,it kills
PTD-Mini bone,it also kills..
YES! absofrickentively on that fuzz !
Haven't heard of the PTD-Mini bone but KILLER none the less. To my ears targets the Jordan BossTone.
This is a very unique fuzz circuit in which Jimi was to have had fooled around with a JBT ver. 1. I forget which song... :scratch:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 pm

damn, just discovered this retrochannel thanks to you guys. i'd love to DIY it ! killer ! :toast:

antosimoni

Post by antosimoni » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 am

AustinTx wrote:My favs with 45/100 are:
1. Zendrive
2. Xotic AC Custom Shop
Both can be pretty transparent

The 45/100 midrange sounds so good...I want to hear the amp, not a pedal.
very interesting as I think the same but I could never found a pedal that satisfied me 100%, the OCD brought me very near but in the end I sold it, can you please compare those 2 pedals to the OCD ?? I never tried the Xotic ACB but the Zendrive didnt get it for me, great pedal but the top end was too compressed to my ears (compared to the tone with pedal off) not that the zendrive is compressed sounding but the top end didnt get with me
in loudspeakers we trust

BAinFL
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BAinFL » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 pm

I bought a combo '73 boost / Liquid Lead Distortion from Tommy about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I use just the '73 boost 90% of the time with by 12000 replica. Give it the perfect extra push and brightens things up a bit with the neck pickup of my SG (which can sound a little too thick thru this amp).

Looks like Tommy discontinued the '73 and this is the new replacement

http://www.lumpystoneshop.com/brillianceboost.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice quality and workmanship inside and out.
79 Tokai Les Paul Reborn
68 12000
Bray 4550
Scumback M75 PVC 20w 4x12
Scumback BM75 LD 65w 4x12
Celestion G12M-65 Cream 2x12
1960A RR w/ Altec 417-8H

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu May 10, 2012 11:23 pm

I have a BYOT (Build Your Own Tone) Klon Centaur clone pedal which is nice for a clean boost but not as transparent as my CAL (Creation Audio Labs) MK.4.23 clean boost pedal. I just recently purchased a SkinPimp Skin Bender MKII fuzz pedal which is an accurate representation of the Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII pedal as used by Jimmy Page. As Fuzz pedals go, this pedal is stupendous. Yes it can get fuzzy if needed, but it can do so much more. The Skin Bender MKII can get that smooth legato sustain like Gary Moore in "Parisian Walkways" which is more of an Overdrive tone or it can get that classic Led Zeppelin I album fuzz tone and attack. I also have a FoxRox Captain Coconut original with the FuzzFoot pedal which is based on the Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face pedal with a T1 silicon transistor (for stability) matched with one or two T2 - T3 germanium transistors (for tone & drive). These two Fuzz pedals are all that I will ever need to cover most classic fuzz pedal rock tunes. Of the 4 pedals that I mention they all sound great through my modded '74 Marshall Super Lead (to '68 specs). Since my head is capable of peaks in the 140 to 160 watt range, I safely combine an old Marshall 4-12" 25 watt greenback cabinet with an old HiWatt 4-12" Fane cabinet. Believe it or not my most favorite combination of clean boost and fuzz is the CAL MK.4.23 and Skin Bender MKII since they both clean up extremely well with the guitars volume pot. I have several guitars to choose from (all lefty), but for my particular experiment using clean boost pedals and fuzz pedals in front of the Marshall Super Lead it was a Les Paul, Strat, and a Tele.

Rob s

Post by Rob s » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 am

I like the zvex superduper hard on